• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

I think in the new year im going to book myself into new-quays celtic tuners, now I have my exhaust and full EVENTURI V2 CARBON TUBE AND FILTER FITTED, see what the girl does in bhp

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine mapped the other day at Mac motorsport Dundee . They have brand new dyno thats all singing all dancing , mods were piper x filter , airtec intercooler , scorpion decat and down pipe , t valve mod , full custom stainless exhaust , made easy 395bhp and 426 lbs torque . Guys said could have got more from it if I wanted but it’s my every day car and thought that was plenty and power an torque curves were really smooth . I highly recommended these guys russ Paton is there tuner and he knows his stuff .

Did you get a dyno run before the remap to see the gains?

Yeah after mods all fitted it was 358bhp and 340 lbs of torque they
We’re surprised with they numbers thts running on Tesco 99 there dyno is spot on accurate as well there doing 1500bhp supras and maclarens and track cars on it

Tesco 99 is pretty good. I don't find any difference between it and v power. Peak power ain't much more but that increase in torque is juicy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm a tesco 99 convert, ran V power in my fn2 and in the early days of this car, switched to 99 and the difference was noticeable, even got pops and burbles.

I'm currently running tesco normal :( every 99 pump was out, the car feels unhappy running it

I just got mine mapped the other day at Mac motorsport Dundee . They have brand new dyno thats all singing all dancing , mods were piper x filter , airtec intercooler , scorpion decat and down pipe , t valve mod , full custom stainless exhaust , made easy 395bhp and 426 lbs torque . Guys said could have got more from it if I wanted but it’s my every day car and thought that was plenty and power an torque curves were really smooth . I highly recommended these guys russ Paton is there tuner and he knows his stuff .

Does not matter what russ paton knows. No mapping changes the fact that this engine and gearbox leaves the factory at close to what it can handle power/torque/heat wise. His map could be the best in the world , the fact is the engine & gearbox internals cant take more.

Your first issue will be clutch slipping at that power, followed at some point by terminal engine and/or gearbox failure.

Does'nt matter what russ paton knows. It does'nt change the fact that this engine leaves the factory at close to what it can handle power/torque/heat wise. His map could be the best in the world , the fact is the engine & gearbox internals cant take more.

If the engine left the factory close to its limit, why has Honda just released the FK8 Track Edition with 330bhp standard, with the same engine? Surely there is more headroom.

Wow, 395bhp is a good result! How well is the car putting the power down?

Transmission reliability aside following a map am I right to assume that the main cause of engine failure following being mapped is due to the additional heat?

If that is the case would an uprated intercooler and possibly meth injection assist in this respect, maybe along with an oil cooler?

Transmission reliability aside following a map am I right to assume that the main cause of engine failure following being mapped is due to the additional heat?

If that is the case would an uprated intercooler and possibly meth injection assist in this respect, maybe along with an oil cooler?

I would imagine if the IAT's are getting to hot, the car will simply pull timing. From what I have read, people are suggesting the engine it's self is physically not strong enough to hold that much more power

Does not matter what russ paton knows. No mapping changes the fact that this engine leaves the factory at close to what it can handle power/torque/heat wise. His map could be the best in the world , the fact is the engine & gearbox internals cant take more.

This is where it like a grey area as there are so many opinions on what these engines can handle . I asked for around 400 bhp 400 lbs torque an it managed it with no effort . U hear it’s down to fuel limitations the engines failing mines actually running slightly rich at tht power to keep it running cooler an a little safer . u hear of them bending rods at 400bhp an then u see ones running 500 with standard internals I think a good bit of it is on the map no mad spikes any where an nice progressive power delivery an not loading the rods up with high torque on full engine load at low rpm . Mine was done on a loaded dyno which loads up the car as if it’s on the road going up hill in 5th gear . All rollers turn including rear which measures true load and rolling resistance . Tdi north are running these cars into the 400bhp mark and seen a lot of fk8 with about 430bhp exact same engine . I’d like some actual facts on what these can handle on stock running gear and internals .

This is where it like a grey area as there are so many opinions on what these engines can handle . I asked for around 400 bhp 400 lbs torque an it managed it with no effort . U hear it’s down to fuel limitations the engines failing mines actually running slightly rich at tht power to keep it running cooler an a little safer . u hear of them bending rods at 400bhp an then u see ones running 500 with standard internals I think a good bit of it is on the map no mad spikes any where an nice progressive power delivery an not loading the rods up with high torque on full engine load at low rpm . Mine was done on a loaded dyno which loads up the car as if it’s on the road going up hill in 5th gear . All rollers turn including rear which measures true load and rolling resistance . Tdi north are running these cars into the 400bhp mark and seen a lot of fk8 with about 430bhp exact same engine . I’d like some actual facts on what these can handle on stock running gear and internals .

Well looks like we will all find out soon enough. Please keep us updated on any issues you have
I do know a guy who is running 430 hp in an fk8 with a few other mods as well as his remap. He tracks his car a lot at knockhill so he is giving it the beans on a regular basis. So far he has reported nothing but a wide smile but time will tell I suppose

Well looks like we will all find out soon enough. Please keep us updated on any issues you have
I do know a guy who is running 430 hp in an fk8 with a few other mods as well as his remap. He tracks his car a lot at knockhill so he is giving it the beans on a regular basis. So far he has reported nothing but a wide smile but time will tell I suppose

Fingers crossed I get no issues but if I do I’ll
Let you guys know . Getting power down is an issue just now as I’m in Scotland an it’s wet an cold . I’ve not had a dry bit of road yet since the work got done it spins the wheels pretty much all the time . The temp of engine an oil temp is consistent with its normal running temps When out an about but not really had a chance to be giving it a proper hard time due to road conditions to see what happens

Fingers crossed I get no issues but if I do I’ll
Let you guys know . Getting power down is an issue just now as I’m in Scotland an it’s wet an cold . I’ve not had a dry bit of road yet since the work got done it spins the wheels pretty much all the time . The temp of engine an oil temp is consistent with its normal running temps When out an about but not really had a chance to be giving it a proper hard time due to road conditions to see what happens

That extra torque will be a mare when the snow comes, that was my thinking when I decided to wait till spring for my possible remap. Lol as well as saving for a new clutch should I require one
I intend using ecotune in hillington when the time comes. Lots of good reviews from customers. Good luck man

330 bhp is not 390 odd. Also the track edition has increased cooling and an ugraded gear box from memory 3rd and 4th gear are both uprated.

I hope you dont have issues. Its just lots have had them, but as said its not talked about as with any car in warranty it will quietly be put back to stock and passed back at dealers for repair / replacment.

I'm a tesco 99 convert, ran V power in my fn2 and in the early days of this car, switched to 99 and the difference was noticeable, even got pops and burlbes.

I'm currently running tesco normal :( every 99 pump was out, the car feels unhappy running it

Dweeeeeeeezul

Back