• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Civic Type R FN2 Induction KIt Problems Help!!

Hi everyone my name is lee and i own a 2007 civic FN2 which is my first type r iv owned love the car to bits but recently I've fitted a induction kit and are getting a few problems with it the car seems to miss a 3k revs unless its booted from lower revs then its fine but my main issue is the EML came on the other week with code P0172 which is to rich air flow or something like that has anyone else had these problems

Check you've no leaks, the intake pipe isn't split and you've put the MAF sensor back in the correct way. If you've managed to smash your MAF sensor against something whilst fitting or got it dirty, it could also be sending dodgy readings.

i did have a quick look but couldnt see any leaks etc so I've put standard box back on and no issues now just seems strange as soon as induction kit was fitted had issues never had this before

If you've reverted and all is fine, the common thing is usually the MAF sensor being in facing the wrong way.

Did you take any pictures while it was fitted?

car been ok for over a week now but still have this flat spot around 3k unless i feed the power slowly or floor it

Back