• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Going back to stock mani/cat -help

Hi guys.

My FN2 came with a 4-2-1 cheap manifold into a tegiwa cat back.

I'm looking to put the stock manifold and cat back on as the flexi has collapsed internally and losing power now after 7k :(

Only thing is as I purchased the car like this I have no stock parts.

So I've sourced the manifold and cat seperately. Just needing info on a couple things by anyone who installed a aftermarket manifold.

The manifold suppprt bracket is that used on 421 mani. I havent been under the car so dont know if its their as the used stock one I got didnt come with it.

I have a new metal gasket and exhaust sealing ring. Anything else I wont have that will need sourcing?

Thanks

You won't know if the bracket is under there unless you get under and look. No way of knowing on a unknown brand mani, but I've not known them be used.

I'd be more concerned about if the O2 sensor is present as if it's mapped, secondary sensor monitoring is usually turned off.

Also, if it's mapped, you'll need it remapping again when the OEM manifold goes back on as the fuelling will be considerbly out.

You won't know if the bracket is under there unless you get under and look. No way of knowing on a unknown brand mani, but I've not known them be used.

I'd be more concerned about if the O2 sensor is present as if it's mapped, secondary sensor monitoring is usually turned off.

Also, if it's mapped, you'll need it remapping again when the OEM manifold goes back on as the fuelling will be considerbly out.

Thanks for replying. We couldnt conplete the mapping and diagnosed the restriction was due to the flexi collapsing (mjc mani) this was partially confirmed by checking with a camera.

I'll have to get under the car and take a look.

As i understand it the o2 sensor is disabled anyway.

Hopefully i can get it running nice

Thanks for replying. We couldnt conplete the mapping and diagnosed the restriction was due to the flexi collapsing (mjc mani) this was partially confirmed by checking with a camera.

I'll have to get under the car and take a look.

As i understand it the o2 sensor is disabled anyway.

Hopefully i can get it running nice
The secondary o2 sensor is disabled. This sensor is purely to compare the values with the one upstream of the cat to check it's working correctly.

You'll need one working sensor as a minimum, assuming they'll still just use one and let the cat do it's thing.

The flexi sounds like a likely cause, so a cheaper option with less faff would be to have it replaced with a new one? Or if you want the cat then you're on the right track by the sounds of it.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

The secondary o2 sensor is disabled. This sensor is purely to compare the values with the one upstream of the cat to check it's working correctly.

You'll need one working sensor as a minimum, assuming they'll still just use one and let the cat do it's thing.

The flexi sounds like a likely cause, so a cheaper option with less faff would be to have it replaced with a new one? Or if you want the cat then you're on the right track by the sounds of it.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Theirs 2 sensors plugged into the 421 mani. But my tuner said the front one is disabled on mapping.

I did think about replacing the flexi but rather use the stock cat/manifold for reliability and keep the cat back. I got the poly engine mounts too but feel theirs too much stress on the whole thing still.

Plus my exhaust stinks lol

Back