• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 idle control valve

Trying to remove iacv to clean it however the screws are stuck and the heads rounded off. Any got any ideas how I can get the screws out?

Thanks

If you can get in with a hacksaw blade or a small hacksaw, you can slot the heads of the screws and use a flat blade to remove them. Just use plenty of WD to help ease them out. Hopefully this helps ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add to this, wd40 is rubbish compared to a proper penetrating fluid like plus gas or similar.

It honestly makes the world of difference when you need it. So soak them up, cut a slot and hopefully they'll come out nice and easily.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

If you can get in with a hacksaw blade or a small hacksaw, you can slot the heads of the screws and use a flat blade to remove them. Just use plenty of WD to help ease them out. Hopefully this helps ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how i got the bolts off of the IACV. Worked a treat.

Back