• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Judder when depressing clutch

Hi all,

This has always been a strange querk my car has had in the 5 or so months iv'e owned it, now i'm not saying it's an issue it's just a bit odd and i'm wondering if it's a sign of some other issue with the transmission.

I'm aware that the FN2 does kangaroo a little when cold and i understand that, however when i depress the clutch from either 1st to 2nd or if it's just started up, 2nd to 3rd, there is a quite prominent judder i feel, it's like you can feel the clutch disengage and the car slows quite quickly with a judder and you hear and feel a vibration through the car for a split second.

Iv'e just had a brand new full Honda clutch kit from TGM motorsport so i'm sure it's not the clutch, could anyone shed any light on this? And yes it does go away after 5 mins of driving.

Was the release bearing replaced with the clutch and did they replace the clutch fluid?

Yeah it was a 3 piece kit, i assume that includes the release bearing? and yeah he said the original fluid was changed recently anyway and there no metal shavings in the fluid so all seemed well.

3 piece kit would include the bearing.

unless anyone knows better it could just be the new clutch settling in, it still has to wear in the match the flywheel.
might just need a bit more time to adjust, if not take it back to TGM.

I haven't spoke to them because it's something the car did before the clutch change, perhaps its something I should ask them about.

Back