• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 civic turbo

Hi, new to the forum just looking at what’s needed for the build of a stock k20 turbo? Obvious stuff I know like turbo, lines, manifold, downpipe, intercooler etc! Looking at getting advice from people that have done it, i was thinking of doing paddle clutch, intercooler and 2.5” boost pipes, Ebay ball bearing 3071r, 250 fuel pump, adjustable reg, 1000cc injectors, ecu, 3 port, what other things do yous recommend? As far as fabrication etc that’s not a problem I’ll be making my own manifold etc, 400bhp is the goal and to be daily driver! Any advice I’d really appreciate thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400 bhp will need forged rods at least. Choose your mapper wisely and don’t believe social media hype.

Were they ever looked at for fatigue? Evo’s have fatter rods and it’s highly advised they are replaced for running over 400 bhp.

No, my motor was never split open. Only a new timing chain and tensioner were replaced
Mine covered a good 15k miles as a daily, and was thrashed at Santa Pod regularly.

Ben Smith at TDI North had his turbo EG, running 500bhp for years. Also the lad who bought my turbo kit is still running it as a daily 7 years after I sold it to him, I'm sure he is running 400bhp.

The problem isn't the hp, it's the torque. Mine was torque limited to 300ftlb (312ftlb to be exact), that was at 14psi, my absolute maximum. My kit was originally built for 800bhp, which would have required a built motor.

Back