• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which induction set up for RRC manifold?

Does anyone have experience of which induction set up works best with the RRC manifold on a k20? Or RBC as they are pretty similar. I have the teg m on at the moment but have a 3" injen sat in the garage. I ran the injen on the oem prb manifold but haven't run it yet on the rrc.
Just wondering where each make their gains in the rev range, specifically with the rrc/rbc.

There's some science in the length of the intake to work with induction pulses. But I'd guess there's maybe 2-5hp between them at a push at various rev ranges. You'd need to do back to back dyno pulls to see if there's any consistency to the results and each engine would vary, so doubt there would be any evidence to suggest either was 'better'.

You wouldn't notice the difference even if there was one. I'd stick to what works for you, personally the teg m is my choice due to the height of the filter and no worries of it getting a mouthful of water.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I had a velocity stack set up in the teg but went back to standard teg recently. The standard teg seems stronger, which surprised me considering the benefits of a velocity stack. I know of tests done seem to favour a shorter intake length, but a lot of builds and track cars have the longer cai. Trial and error I guess. The rrc favours the higher revs, I'm thinking an induction kit that favours the mid range will "balance" things out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back