• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel system cleaner

So my cars going in for a service and I know they will phone me and ask if I want a fuel system cleaner added at twice the cost of buying it myself. My cars done 17k. And i use momentum 99 all the time. Question is. Will it benefit my engine in any way? I wouldn't imagine too much build up after such short mileage and if so. What would you guys recommend?

If you are using a "super" fuel every time then you won't need any extra cleaners, they are already in the fuel.

Cheers wilmo. I know over time there will be some kind of deposits. Wasn't sure if 17k miles was enough to justify using it. I have used additives in previous cars running 95 Ron. Didn't really notice any difference

a lot of it depends on your driving, lots of short journeys may cause problems because nothing gets hot enough to burn of the crud.

Back