• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 TPS Issue

Hi everyone,

I've had a 2004 Integra DC5 (pic in profile) for about 6 years. It’s my pride and joy!

I apologise if this question has been asked before but I’m looking for an up to date answer.

The mechanic I go to is great, he diagnoses the problem, I find the part which he then fits.

At the moment I have a throttle position sensor issue. He’s managed to stop it revving on its own between 1000 & 2500 rpm to permanently idling over 2000 rpm.

I can manage the high idle with the clutch but that’s not ideal and will wear it out.

I bought a new throttle position sensor, my guy fitted it but says it turns in the wrong direction. The one I bought turns clockwise and I need one the turns anti-clockwise.

Has anyone come across this before? I’m at a total loss as to what to look for coz they all look the same.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I fitted an acuity hall effect sensor from tegiwa recently, works a treat and should last long term. As far as I can tell all fitment is the same for k20 set ups. So could he an incorrect part if its from a factors.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I had the K Tuned Hall Effect on my DC5 and it was fantastic. Easy to fit, well made and super simple to setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the K Tuned Hall Effect on my DC5 and it was fantastic. Easy to fit, well made and super simple to setup.

Ditto K Tuned Hall effect on my EP3 for 5 years, it is good...

The Hall effect is the production of a voltage difference across an electrical conductor, transverse to an electric current in the conductor and to an applied magnetic field perpendicular to the current. It was discovered by Edwin Hall in 1879. :lol:

So no moving parts to wear out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I’ve learned something today :lol:

Just to add, I had read bad things about k tuned (as a brand overall) TPS being unreliable. Acuity had a lot more reviews and all positive, so that is why I went for that one.

Price wise there wasn't much in it. Just thought I'd mention it.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

K Tuned are trash, I wouldn’t touch them with a very long pole. Each to their own though.

Back