• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 +R Mode Changes?

Does anyone know specifically what +R Mode changes over the standard mode?

I know it changes:
Chassis / Suspension Settings
Throttle Mapping

Does anyone know if it changes:
Map (Increased Torque?)
Throttle Latency (Decreased?)
Anything else?
Additionally what causes the louder induction noise when in +R mode? is something else at play here

I know it changes:
Throttle Mapping

Map (Increased Torque?)
Anything else?
Additionally what causes the louder induction noise when in +R mode? is something else at play here

heavier steering, stiffer suspension, more responsive throttle and red dash lights
the louder induction noise is you hitting boost faster because of the decreased pedal lag at low rpm
unsure about an increase in torque on a dyno but as you know it feels better low down

Drive in +R and switch it off mid run, you will the feel difference,
I'm not saying it's not quick out of +R but for me near 5 years in :)eek:) it feels like it should have come standard in +R mode

I know it changes:
Throttle Mapping

Map (Increased Torque?)
Anything else?

To quote Honda:- +R mode activates several dynamic changes To the Type R's systems, provides an even more intense driving experience ideal for the track.Changes To the dash display and i-MID screen indicate +R mode is engagaged .
The new Civic Type R will mark the debut of the new '+R' mode that Increases the response of various Chassis and drivetrain systems.This delivers an even more intense driving experience, ideal for the track and sure to be appreaciated by the genuine sports-driving enthusiast.
The +R button is located to the left of the steering column for left-hand drive cars, and To the right for right hand drive cars.When +R mode is activated a number of visual changes inform the driver. The floating dial surrounds in the instrument binnacle changes from glowing white to glowing red.A +R logo is displayed to the left of the rev indicator and idling stop system is disabled.

With +R mode selected, several dynamic changes are activated within the Civic Type R's powertrain and dynamic systems.

Engine responsiveness is heightened ,With torque-mapping changed to a more aggressive and performance-focused setting allowing more of the available torque to be unleashed at lower engine speeds.
The electronic power steering reduces the level of power
assistance to provide a heavier and tighter steering feel.

Basic Damping force from the new four-point Adaptive Damper Systems is Increased by 30% making the behaviour of the car firmer and more agile for high-performance handling. The Vehicle Stability Assist programme is adjusted to focus on acceleration and performance allowing a greater yaw and slip rate before intervening.

+R mode also brings a more dynamic focus to the i-MID screen in front of the driver.When in+R mode, it is
possible to access the Type R layers directly from any of the for Basic information screens,or to directly access the
first specific Type R screen. The selection of a specific
performance screen is indicated by the display of an image of the Type R . In +R mode it is also possible to
display Vehicle information content even when the stopwatch is running.
Apologies for the grammar as this is how it turned out.It looks fine in the edit mode. Regards Fred

Last edited by a moderator:
Back