• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

Hi, new to the forum. Test drove a lovely blue FK8 demo with 50 miles on the clock yesterday and I’m now on the hunt for one. Loved the car, everything in the reviews I’ve read and seen are true it’s a belting drive. The looks have grown on me as well, looks pretty mean from the front! Had an M2 in the past which was great but the FK8 is much more confidence inspiring when pushing on and felt a lot more planted regardless of which driving mode was selected.

Anyway, enough rambling, discounts! I’ve managed to get 6.7% on carwow from Grimsby Honda but I can’t seem to find anywhere that discounts these cars searching the web. Does anyone know any dealers who are up for a deal? I’ve left the Grimsby offer with my local dealer but he isn’t hopeful they can get near it. I’m not overly fussed about brand new, wouldn’t mind a pre-reg or ex demo provided the price is right.

There is a 69 plate grey car with 50 miles on the clock for 30k which looks about the best deal I can find. I’m pexing an A6 Avant which I should never have bought, it’s great quality but huge and boring, so it will be cash my way enough for a new exhaust:smt023

If anyone knows of any offers/deals/cars I would appreciate a heads up.

All the best, Phil

Good deal if you ask me. I bought mine last year in April. Just over 1k on the clock, demo car on a 68 plate but registered Jan 2019. 29990.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Be interested in an 18 plate?

I used Carwow to get mine and managed to use the deal I found with various dealerships not on the scheme.

Probably not sorry, I’ve got my A6 to pex against any new purchase.

I’ll start calling a few dealers, might get some sort of month end deal. Said I’d give my local dealer a few days to come up with an offer but I’m not holding my breath.

Have you tried drive the deal website? They usually offer slightly better discounts than carwow.

You could also consider an ex demonstrator, when they get to 3 months service, they are often discounted. ex demonstrator, 200 miles, £29,500

Have you tried drive the deal website? They usually offer slightly better discounts than carwow.

You could also consider an ex demonstrator, when they get to 3 months service, they are often discounted. ex demonstrator, 200 miles, £29,500

I’ll take a look thanks. The only problem I’ve got at the minute is the A6 needs the windscreen replacing as there’s a chip right in the drivers eye line, happened with 500 miles on the clock! Just booked it in with autoglass and can’t get a fitting time as they’ve got to order the screen in so car hunting is sort of on hold,which is a shame as I’d found one I like and the figures were ok. I’m going to see if the dealer will push it through anyway so fingers crossed, 69 Blue demo 400 on the clock, service pack, roof spoiler, carpets.

Hey welcome to the forum!

With the 2020 model just announced would you not be tempted to hang on, listen to the reviews on that see what's what? Appreciate you have a budget though.... but the suspension tweaks and better gear shift may make an awesome car a nudge better...

Hey welcome to the forum!

With the 2020 model just announced would you not be tempted to hang on, listen to the reviews on that see what's what? Appreciate you have a budget though.... but the suspension tweaks and better gear shift may make an awesome car a nudge better...

Probably wise words, but if the tweeks make it better then it will be a truly amazing car. Gear shifts were great precise and positive, how that will improve will be finite I’d guess. Suspension was excellent, seemed compliant on poor surfaces and planted when pushing on in all modes. Much more confidence inspiring than my M2 it felt like it wanted to chuck you in a hedge at speed. Budget is not an issue, just like a good deal :smt023
Styling changes are minimal. It’s a shame Honda don’t push these cars more as dealers don’t seem to make much money on them although some dealers will offer discounts.

I am going to test drive a couple of other cars, hopefully tomorrow, but I can’t see them beating the FK8, it seems the complete package. I’ll report back!

What else are you testing?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

If the dealer will take my A6 without the windscreen being done I won’t bother testing anything else but I doubt it.

The wife is picking her car up today so while I’m there I’m going to have a look at the Focus ST and Fiesta ST. Just interested to see what they are like, especially the Fiesta but I’m expecting it to be a bit of a firm ride. The focus is on the same level as the R Type I guess but I’m not sure about the looks. Got the day to waste so might as well have a bit of fun. Might also look at an i30N as there are some very cheap ones about at the minute but again not sure I like the looks. The R ticks all my boxes just need to get all my ducks lined up.

The focus is on the same level as the R Type I guess but I’m not sure about the looks. Got the day to waste so might as well have a bit of fun. Might also look at an i30N as there are some very cheap ones about at the minute but again not sure I like the looks.

Its got a good chunk less power, but more torque so in the real world yes, same level.....BUT id have to say the R is more 'focused' with better brakes, track intentions etc... ST is way to subtle for me, even in the yellow

Well that was eventful and probably my shortest involvement on a forum!

Test drove the Fiesta and Focus, the focus is very much like the R, great engine, good steering, brakes I wasn’t so sure on didn’t have much initial bite, interior a nice place to be although very dark but fit and finish are excellent no squeaks or rattles even with me tugging at the trim. Boot small. Fake engine noise is not unpleasant. Felt very planted and loads of torque, but....it didn’t feel very involving. If you need 4/5 seats it’s a lovely car but dare I say a smidge dull? The R felt much more involving to drive and enjoyable. It looks Ok but the R wins again there.

This is where it all goes Pete Tong for the R. Tested a Fiesta ST2 with 190 miles on the clock. These are great little cars, the engine noise sounds ok a nice roar from the 3 pot. Seats in the ST2 were a bit narrow around my legs, felt like the bolsters were digging in but the ST3 has better seats which are a bit wider and the same as the Focus so very comfortable. It’s got 197 bhp and it just urges you to rev it and pulls plenty hard enough. Steering is fantastic, super positive and the brakes are immense, stops on a sixpence probably helped by the lack of weight. Gearbox lovely and direct. Fit and finish the same as the focus, very good. I took it on some rough stuff and was surprised at how well it soaked up the bumps. Round the bends it sticks like glue, very confidence inspiring. It just left me with a big smile and it’s the most I’ve enjoyed driving a car for a long time and that includes the R and my old M2. Just goes to show power isn’t everything.

So if you are still with me you’ll probably have guessed by now I’ve ordered a Fiesta which just happened to be sat in the showroom. It’s the performance edition so gets orange paint (which I love) LSD, adjustable dampers and a few other bits. It’s fully loaded basically, 3 year service plan chucked in. Not in the same league as the R but more fun from my test drives of the two which sealed it and I don’t think the R is £8k more car. The focus definitely isn’t. Added bonus of £7k in my back pocket so a good day!

These are great little cars, massive amount of fun, worth going for a test drive just to try one out!

A couple of pictures if anyone’s interested :smt023

Attachments

• E653143F-A8A3-4B23-A2A2-B2F0854F987B.jpeg
    E653143F-A8A3-4B23-A2A2-B2F0854F987B.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 39F6DD62-681A-41C8-B58E-0C19528EB205.jpeg
    39F6DD62-681A-41C8-B58E-0C19528EB205.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 40
fair play, I do like the Fiesta ST. The performance edition is a good bit more though isn't it?

You're right about the Fk8 not being £8K more car though....it's more like £10K :lol:

Well that was eventful and probably my shortest involvement on a forum!

Test drove the Fiesta and Focus, the focus is very much like the R, great engine, good steering, brakes I wasn’t so sure on didn’t have much initial bite, interior a nice place to be although very dark but fit and finish are excellent no squeaks or rattles even with me tugging at the trim. Boot small. Fake engine noise is not unpleasant. Felt very planted and loads of torque, but....it didn’t feel very involving. If you need 4/5 seats it’s a lovely car but dare I say a smidge dull? The R felt much more involving to drive and enjoyable. It looks Ok but the R wins again there.

This is where it all goes Pete Tong for the R. Tested a Fiesta ST2 with 190 miles on the clock. These are great little cars, the engine noise sounds ok a nice roar from the 3 pot. Seats in the ST2 were a bit narrow around my legs, felt like the bolsters were digging in but the ST3 has better seats which are a bit wider and the same as the Focus so very comfortable. It’s got 197 bhp and it just urges you to rev it and pulls plenty hard enough. Steering is fantastic, super positive and the brakes are immense, stops on a sixpence probably helped by the lack of weight. Gearbox lovely and direct. Fit and finish the same as the focus, very good. I took it on some rough stuff and was surprised at how well it soaked up the bumps. Round the bends it sticks like glue, very confidence inspiring. It just left me with a big smile and it’s the most I’ve enjoyed driving a car for a long time and that includes the R and my old M2. Just goes to show power isn’t everything.

So if you are still with me you’ll probably have guessed by now I’ve ordered a Fiesta which just happened to be sat in the showroom. It’s the performance edition so gets orange paint (which I love) LSD, adjustable dampers and a few other bits. It’s fully loaded basically, 3 year service plan chucked in. Not in the same league as the R but more fun from my test drives of the two which sealed it and I don’t think the R is £8k more car. The focus definitely isn’t. Added bonus of £7k in my back pocket so a good day!

These are great little cars, massive amount of fun, worth going for a test drive just to try one out!

A couple of pictures if anyone’s interested :smt023

When I bought the S2000 my wife and I decided to replace the FK8 with an MK8 ST2 (ST2 so we would get the smaller wheels, got traumatised with the FK8 ). Got it in August and have done over 6k miles in it and it has been amazing, better suited for everyday UK B-road driving (because it's narrower). We moved from Hertfordshire to Wiltshire in November and it was good for the long trips. Overall we are both very happy with the MK8 ST. You will love it! (that said, the moment weather is dry-ish and warm I won't touch anything that is not my S2000!!!)

Back