• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rust inhibitor

Krust is a great converter. POR15 is my preferred preventative paint, not cheap but worth every penny.

I should know too, I own a 1971 mini.

Krust is a great converter. POR15 is my preferred preventative paint, not cheap but worth every penny.

I should know too, I own a 1971 mini.

Hi Hazz, I’m thinking of purchasing some POR15 as I have discovered some bad rust on my sills recently, would you recommend this and is it as good as it says? Do you have to buy the por15 degreaser and inhibitor or did you use something else and then painted over with POR15? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I’ve used the krust inhibitor in the past.

I wouldn’t bother with their degreaser, I personally use white spirits or swarfeger (sp) parts jizer (yes, it’s really called jizer).

Por15 is amazing stuff though, highly recommend it. Dries hard like powdercoat but without the cracking.

Cheers, I think we’ve got some of that Jizer at work. I will invest in some POR15 very soon before it’s too late to rescue my sills at the front.

Back