• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 new member/owner fn2

Hi All, Just joined the forum and i'm looking to p/x my 06 225 megane for a 08 year fn2 GT, its got 110k miles on the clock with part service history, should the mileage be putting me off or are they good for it as long as the history is sound?...sorry for my first post being a question that has probably been answered a thousand times.

Thanks Phil.

Check primarily for clutch and chain being done at those miles. Plugs should have been changed at 75k, valve clearances etc. Gearbox, check for any notchy changes.

Thanks for that, took it for a test drive this morning liked it a lot and bought it !, i pick it up next friday...i'll keep you posted as to how i get on with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the fold
Stuck calipers are a PITA but re-manufactured ones are readily available, my garage changed me £150 to supply and fit, so only an inconvenience not a bank breaker.
Oh and don't expect much more than 30 mpg.

Welcome to the fold
Stuck calipers are a PITA but re-manufactured ones are readily available, my garage changed me £150 to supply and fit, so only an inconvenience not a bank breaker.
Oh and don't expect much more than 30 mpg.

Thanks for all the info and advice ...my old renaultsport does about 32MPG (average) so another thirsty car wont be too much of a shock to the system.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the civic stack up against the megane, I was looking between the megane f1 and fn2/ep3. Got the civic because I thought it would be more reliable than a megane. But I so love the look of the meganes, liquid yellows just looks sublime.

Transmission fluid should have been done after 6 years too. The 75k service (as has already been said) should have seen the plugs changed and valve clearances done but also the in-tank fuel filter.

Re. the clutch, my car has done almost 80k and is still on the original and it's fine thus far.

Back