• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Hi all, but of a lurker here, I've been on here for a while but never posted. I might possibly be buying a Polished metal FK8 in the near future. My sensible head says hang on to the money, but my heart says you only live once. I have previously had two Integra DC2's, two DC5's, an EP3, an FN2, an FD2 and an FK2, so my heart says it has to be done! The only thing I'm a bit apprehensive about is just how big and wide it is when it comes to daily driving. Just normal stuff like parking at shopping centres / tesco, going to work, parking it up etc - anyone found it to be more grief than a 'normal' car? I am looking at an 2018 model so I get a chunk of Honda warranty left and hopefully the service plan.

I use mine as a daily and have done 26k miles. Although the car is wide and quite long, I’ve never had any issues parking it. The car fits in the drive normally as well.

It’s the best car I’ve ever owned and I still feel lucky to own now after all those miles. I’ve enjoyed every one of them.

Still look back at it when walking away each day. You won’t regret it.

I have had 3 services a year so far so make sure there is a service plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily driving and parking isn't an issue in the slightest. Not as wide as you think, it just looks that way with the arches. Parking sensors all round and a rear camera in the GT model.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, but of a lurker here, I've been on here for a while but never posted. I might possibly be buying a Polished metal FK8 in the near future. My sensible head says hang on to the money, but my heart says you only live once. I have previously had two Integra DC2's, two DC5's, an EP3, an FN2, an FD2 and an FK2, so my heart says it has to be done! The only thing I'm a bit apprehensive about is just how big and wide it is when it comes to daily driving. Just normal stuff like parking at shopping centres / tesco, going to work, parking it up etc - anyone found it to be more grief than a 'normal' car? I am looking at an 2018 model so I get a chunk of Honda warranty left and hopefully the service plan.
Might be selling my polished metal 18 plate with 4 years left on the service plan...

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I use mine as a daily and have done 26k miles. Although the car is wide and quite long, I’ve never had any issues parking it. The car fits in the drive normally as well.

It’s the best car I’ve ever owned and I still feel lucky to own now after all those miles. I’ve enjoyed every one of them.

Still look back at it when walking away each day. You won’t regret it.

I have had 3 services a year so far so make sure there is a service plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 a year??? I've had mine just a year and just coming up to the usual first service

Might be selling my polished metal 18 plate with 4 years left on the service plan...

Oh no! What's the story?

No issue OP, I too have 26k and it's my daily and zero probs parking etc. It is a bit wider, but not so much it's ever been an issue

Tim, 3 a year seems high? I've had one a year but it will be two this year as oil life was knackerd. Think you track yours though so that might be it

Oh no! What's the story?

No issue OP, I too have 26k and it's my daily and zero probs parking etc. It is a bit wider, but not so much it's ever been an issue

Tim, 3 a year seems high? I've had one a year but it will be two this year as oil life was knackerd. Think you track yours though so that might be it
If I could keep it and do everything else that needs doing I would. But as we just bought a house and stuff needs doing, something has to give. Thinking in 5 years time if there's nothing better on the market, I'll get another when we remortgage and buy outright

If I could keep it and do everything else that needs doing I would. But as we just bought a house and stuff needs doing, something has to give. Thinking in 5 years time if there's nothing better on the market, I'll get another when we remortgage and buy outright

No....don't do it Keith.....:eek: you know you'll regret it. House improvements can always wait....:)

as with the others, it is a big car being ~5m long and ~2m wide, but then have you seen the size of a mini, fiesta, polo these days?? but you won't mind that extra space when you need to load it up for trips away.

couple of related points, it doesn't really easily fit in my garage, unless I fold the mirrors in. but of course you can't see down the side of the car and the sensors are going flippin' mental telling you to stop.

and also like others have said on here before; I find it hard to line it up in the parking bays, I'm always a bit skew-whiff. It's got to be because of the angle of the mirror glass and/or the shape of the car feels/looks wider/flared out at the back compared to the front.

but worry not, you soon learn which multi-storey car parks to avoid and where to park your car at the supermarket (i.e. usually the furthest away from the entrance!)

4.5m long, 1.87m wide. It's big for its class, but no bigger than say the latest Audi A4. 5x2 is Range Rover territory.

Thanks all, I'm currently in a Clio 182 and I'm loving it being so small and nippy. My FK2 felt huge in comparison. Ally - like you said about lining it up in parking bays - I always found I parked the FK2 askew and never resolved the issue! If you parked what felt like straight, you were always wonky! Funny how the same issue is present. One has caught my eye at a local dealer, but its not a Honda dealer - should I have any concerns about not buying through official Honda used?

One has caught my eye at a local dealer said:
i got mine transported up from honda durham, but i bought it from a non honda dealer, i had a small issue with my stop start but when i took it back to them their diagnostics couldnt read the ecu, meaning if they couldnt fix it they would have to send it over to honda for a charge of 100 quid which they would of had to pay
as far as trusting honda i wouldnt, my car was allegedly serviced by honda durham 2 days before they sent it up, only for me to discover an old saggy pipercross filter in it with what looked like dog hair caught up in it, and a filthy cabin filter as well
ive used the guys at the local non honda dealership for a few cars now and i trust them to do work properly, so to me its more about trust than the brand name

i got mine transported up from honda durham, but i bought it from a non honda dealer, i had a small issue with my stop start but when i took it back to them their diagnostics couldnt read the ecu, meaning if they couldnt fix it they would have to send it over to honda for a charge of 100 quid which they would of had to pay
as far as trusting honda i wouldnt, my car was allegedly serviced by honda durham 2 days before they sent it up, only for me to discover an old saggy pipercross filter in it with what looked like dog hair caught up in it, and a filthy cabin filter as well
ive used the guys at the local non honda dealership for a few cars now and i trust them to do work properly, so to me its more about trust than the brand name

They don't touch the air filter if it's aftermarket on a service so they prob did the rest. Learnt this last week when I was worried they were gonna remove my pipercross.

As for not parking it properly, I must admit I think I am nicely against the line of the right, only to find a good bit off!!

Air filter is 2 maybe 3 year service interval,
My dealer found my aftermarket one hidden in the bottom boot and came out and asked if I wanted it fitting :eek: I declined for warranty purposes :lol:

Air filter is 2 maybe 3 year service interval,
My dealer found my aftermarket one hidden in the bottom boot and came out and asked if I wanted it fitting :eek: I declined for warranty purposes
Wonder if they'll find offer to fit mine... It'll be lying around in the boot too

I took mine out that morning and hid it under my microfibre towel in the lower compartment just in case they marked it on record.
Mid service a tech approaches the head service chap, having a discussion looking my way, I'm instantly thinking they've found problems, head honcho comes up and says we found an aftermarket filter in the boot (arse twitches) I replied yeah it's been in there a year now, "do you want us to fit it whilst it's there" :eek: I replied nah I prefer Honda's :lol:

Back