• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Well, it finally happened. I went full mental.

I have put a deposit down on a 2019 polished metal FK8 Type R. As some of you already know I did briefly consider waiting for the facelift model, but there is nothing on it apart from the gearknob I'm particularly bothered about.

I have been offered a very good trade in with my black edition, I really love it it but I have decided to have something that is a better all round machine and have it as a keeper. I tried to get Mrs Badger to buy it off me so we could keep it, but she wants a Mazda CX-3 something or other. I on the other hand, have opted for the practical family car :smt045.

On another note, I felt guilty about getting myself a nice shiny new motor when people are losing jobs and stability left right & centre, but then I have been in the jobless, no-car, no possessions worth a damn period in my life, due to non-virus reasons a good few years ago, so I just figured the old 'you only live once' adage applies.

Anyway, I'm an excited Clam, pick up probably next weekend.

Definitely picking up next Saturday (7th Nov), looks like a washout this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a chance to actually clean my car before next Saturday and it not get rained on, or bird poo'd. I have just over a whole week to try and not get too excited :smt119.

Bring on Type R #10! (DC2, DC5, EP3, DC2, DC5, FD2, FN2, FK2, FK2 black-ed).

Great result.

Great choice on colour, I'm sure you wont regret it, they are amazing cars

Take care,

Baz

Given Lockdown 2 is now happening I have re-arranged collection day for this Tuesday. I know there are far greater problems at the moment than 'my new car' but it would just save a whole pile of grief. Still, less time to wait now before FK8-ing! I spent this morning with the OCD-ometer turned up to 11, vacuuming the FK2, cleaning the plastics and vinyl with Autoglym stuff and vigorously polishing my tips (ooh er) with some autosol. Wash and wax on Tuesday morning and off to Wimbledon (from Kent), not too far although it does mean battling evil on the M25.

I missed my Black Edition for a long time after getting the FK8 :smt089

It's a special car :cool:

The biggest difference you'll notice initially will be the improved ride quality & how much easier it is to get in/out of the driver's seat :D

Oh I have no doubt in 10 years time the black edition will be worth £30k - it happens with everything I own! I had two Impreza P1's back in the day, sold them for around £8k. I also had a 1 owner Renault 5 GT TURBO Raider with 55k on the clock, sold for £3k. Mazda RX7 sold for £7k, the list goes on! I'll miss the rarity factor of the black edition and the rarity of FK2's in general, but at least the FK8's aren't exactly ten a penny either.

I'm looking forward to a more comfortable ride - thing is not every single time I get in the car do I want it to be a touring car, sometimes I just want to potter and plod. My mum will be happier it's easier to get in and out of!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer the proper door handles on the rear doors :cool:

I just leave mine in the default "Sport" mode :smt023

Don't like "Comfort" mode & +R is overkill :p

+R is never overkill! I agree with the door handles, don't know why they changed it. It even looks like there is a blanking plate on the FK8 where the door handle should be.

Chaps wasn’t the black edition just red wing end plates and different colour seats? Or was there something else over the normal fk2? No offence meant just wondering

Yes, sorry - misread it. I always preferred the hidden ones although people will be less confused when trying to get in now!

Yes Fan - they made 100, it was just red wing endplates, anodised red around the cabin air vents and mainly black seats with red stripes as opposed to the other way around. It's a shame there wasn't anything more substantial, but hey it looks cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic of mine for old times sake...

fZLhrzJ.jpg

I test drove a couple of fk2s last year and as a moderately fit 50 year old , getting in and out was a noticeable chore for me . My budget and uncertainty of the styling for the fk8 initially put me off, but once behind the wheel I instantly fell in love ( I even love the look of it now )

Back