• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

i think it's right to be wary of warranties etc....but the average honda dealer is just a 'factory' - cars come in for a service, they want them out asap. I doubt they go ohh, better make a note of that exhaust, or that filter.

warranty work, different story.

of course I could be well off the mark, they may have a notes section on every motor they see and it comes up next time

Dweezle ....is there no end to our similarities ? :lol:

I always put my K&N panel filter in the hidden boot floor @ service time too :p

Just out of interest, has anyone that has racked up a few miles on their FK8 noticed a change in exhaust sound / loudness? I noticed that my FK2 exhaust got louder and more beefy after about 6 months of owning it.

Just out of interest, has anyone that has racked up a few miles on their FK8 noticed a change in exhaust sound / loudness? I noticed that my FK2 exhaust got louder and more beefy after about 6 months of owning it.
In theory it should get quieter once the carbon builds up. I didn't wait that long before getting a custom system on that was just too loud to begin with but that quietened over time. Exhaust maker said this was because of the carbon build up!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, my FK2 went the other way. Still, I think it will be loud enough for me - I'm getting too old and responsible to wake the neighbours at silly o'clock now!

Interesting, my FK2 went the other way. Still, I think it will be loud enough for me - I'm getting too old and responsible to wake the neighbours at silly o'clock now!
The FK8 is just too quiet though, it's the only downfall for me. The exhaust maker asked how loud I wanted my system out of 10. When I asked him to listen to the stock exhaust and tell me how loud it was he laughed and said 1? It just sounds like a normal car! That being said in hindsight I'd have just gone for a res delete to get a little more noise... now I've hit 30 I'm feeling a tiny bit more responsible

Yeah - I'll see how I go with the exhaust, can't believe I might actually be parting with so much money for a car :shock:. Help me get over the line here! I have my eye on a 1 owner polished metal example, 2018 with the service pack, up for £25,995. Is this about right, price-wise?

Mine is polished metal. Best colour depends on the milage. I bought mine in April 2019 it was only registered in the January with 1k on the clock for basically 30k so that seems about right?

I've been tossing up between Championship White and Metal for so long, but it's quite muddy and rural where I live so that has decided the colour. My FD2 was white and it's not good for an OCD person!

Forgot to say, mileage is 12,900.

I had a white Scirocco R before this and it was tar spots that did it for me on white! If it's helps mine now has 8k on the clock. 1 year old and I've been offered 26400 for it from Honda.

I have to say CW is the perfect choice for OCD, as it hides the swirls and chips soo well...

yes it gets filthy, especially this time of year, but rather be ignorant to the chips and swirls and clean it more

Yeah - I'll see how I go with the exhaust, can't believe I might actually be parting with so much money for a car :shock:. Help me get over the line here! I have my eye on a 1 owner polished metal example, 2018 with the service pack, up for £25,995. Is this about right, price-wise?

I felt exactly the same about the amount of money, I have always bought 2-3 year old workhorse cars for less than half the price.
I test drove a polished metal on a whim, there was a very encouraging salesman in with me and my teenage son, when I got out I had the biggest grin of my life plastered across my face.
I had already decided black was the next colour car for me so drove from Honda in Wigan to Warrington to test drive a black one, same again a salesman who said just pretend I'm not here!
trying to do a deal with Honda Warrington turned sour so a few days later I drove from Manchester to Honda Guildford and did the deal, back then UK dealerships were only allowed one FK8 per month so trying to find an ex demo in black was hard work.
It is a lot of money, The car, petrol,tyres,mods etc but worth every penny IMO
You're driving a quality race car that would be twice the price with a different badge on the front.
Looking back I could have saved myself some hassle and got a newer car if I had just bought the polished metal in wigan, black is a PITA to keep nice

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you still think it was worth it after parting with so much money. I've been procrastinating so much on this, now my other half has just casually dropped in how are we going to have a wedding now if I blow all my money! Grr.

I'm glad you still think it was worth it after parting with so much money. I've been procrastinating so much on this, now my other half has just casually dropped in how are we going to have a wedding now if I blow all my money! Grr.

Far better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission... When she asks how much it was, just laugh a little and say "I'm not telling you..."

Haha, indeed. Well a little update - after some thought, I have decided not to go full mad. I think I am going to opt for another FK2 Type R (had to sell the first one due to financial reasons, but all good now). It offers 90% of what the FK8 can do, bar a proper rear suspension! (although it does make the car more lively) and you can pick one up for around £7000 less than the FK8. It will give me a great car, and a slightly greater car to look forward to in a couple of years time.

I had an unexpected bill (non-car related) for £1250 yesterday and I think I'd rather go half mad with an FK2 and not blow my entire wad, than be left with nothing for a bit. I had a black FK2 before but might go for polished metal this time, not sure yet. I do like the black edition with the silly red rear wing endplates but I can't bring myself to pay a premium for a bit of paintwork and some red trim.

Haha, indeed. Well a little update - after some thought, I have decided not to go full mad. I think I am going to opt for another FK2 Type R (had to sell the first one due to financial reasons, but all good now). It offers 90% of what the FK8 can do, bar a proper rear suspension! (although it does make the car more lively) and you can pick one up for around £7000 less than the FK8. It will give me a great car, and a slightly greater car to look forward to in a couple of years time.

I had an unexpected bill (non-car related) for £1250 yesterday and I think I'd rather go half mad with an FK2 and not blow my entire wad, than be left with nothing for a bit. I had a black FK2 before but might go for polished metal this time, not sure yet. I do like the black edition with the silly red rear wing endplates but I can't bring myself to pay a premium for a bit of paintwork and some red trim.

Wise choice. Keeps her happy as well and gets you back in a beast :D

It's the interior on the black edition that makes the car, vent trims and those seats :cool:

Yeah, I actually prefer the seats in the black edition if I'm being honest. It's still paying a premium for not an awful lot though, especially as they were sold at the same price as the normal version. If someone is looking at selling theirs at a sensible price I would definitely consider it though, not going for silly dealer mark ups!

Back