• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Yeah I've had a look at a couple of YouTube vids, seems straightforward enough. I think I'll be able to manage it, despite my fists of ham and my fingers of butter.

I swapped mine over the other week. I’ve done some reasonably involved jobs on my DC5, driveshafts, shocks, ball joints, had bumpers off etc but there’s something scary about fettling with a new car I think.
But I went ahead and it was indeed nice and simple. No tools needed. I did use a plastic trim tool (aka a biro) just to guide the rubber nipple toggle things back into their slots around the intake funnel thing but you’ll get what I mean when you see it for yourself. It really is simple enough

Oh and I love my boot liner. I think it looks great :)

I'll probably try and fit the filter at the weekend, no doubt being a new car it will be an engine out job. :p

Also might have to put a Type R boot mat on my Xmas list.

i got the carpet one from Cox Motorparts for xmas two years ago, still looks great despite an absolute hammering

https://www.civinfo.com/threads/rattle-fixes.425919/#post-5510232

Some of my fixes here - 4.5K is probably the A pillars; Give them a push whilst revving through 4.5k and see if there's any change.

I've taken the car out again and got an exact reading on the vibration. It happens at 3700 rpm in 3rd gear and sounds like it's coming from in front of me, possibly the speaker or the dash surround, but pushing and poking everything while keeping it vibrating didn't reveal what it is. Might pop the speaker out and drive again to see if that changes it.

Every Type R I've had has suffered from an interior rattle of some sort :whistle

Never bothered me enough to remove interior trim panels though :p

The thing that annoyed the most about the FN2 was that bloody creaky clutch pedal :smt119:lol:

Every Type R I've had has suffered from an interior rattle of some sort :whistle

Never bothered me enough to remove interior trim panels though :p

The thing that annoyed the most about the FN2 was that bloody creaky clutch pedal :smt119:lol:

Mrs Clam has an FN2, the clutch pedal drives me up the wall! Getting in that car, compared to the FK8 feels like a 2CV compared to a Rolls Royce in terms of ride quality. It's still an excellent bang-for-your-buck choice though at the prices they are currently, and arguably - very arguably, it might be the best looking Civic...

The FN2 is great when Vtec finally comes on song & the exhaust note (even in standard form) is quite addictive :D

Though I wouldn't go back to NA since experiencing the extra torque the FK2/FK8 offer :p

Back