• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Well I've gone mad, although not quite as mad as originally intended, and put a deposit on a black edition FK2.

I've paid more than I was originally budgeting for an FK2 but hey, it's only done 14k miles and it looks like a nightmare demon creature from the underworld with blood red fangs on the rear. Or something :smt077

Haha, yes I'll enjoy my Jazz.

Although to be honest, all joking and rivalries aside, what an amazing time to buy a hot hatch. There are so many to choose from with a variety of drivetrains and gearboxes, and they are all pretty damn good. I'm sure if you bought a Hyundai i30n, Golf R, Type R, etc you wouldn't be disappointed, in general.

Plus the FK2 is still a bit batshit crazy.

yes indeed, and with the news that diesel, petrol and hybrids are planned to be banned by 2035, I truly believe this is the absolute sweet spot for fast car ownership. As 5 years down the line, we will all have black boxes and automatic speeding tickets issued out the dash... then by 2035 nothing will be heard but the whirring of tyres

So, get out there and enjoy while we can

Thanks mate, shame I didn't get your one - I'm surprised how quick the black editions are snapped up, I thought they would hang around a while despite being a limited edition. Although unfortunately I do have to go to Leeds now from Kent, instead of Stratford upon Avon.

yeah it's more the looks with its puny wheels and Amstrad dash :lol:

The FK8 is the one with the Amstrad dash ! :lol:

& why oh why didn't Honda carry on using those nice tactile buttons from the FK2 steering wheel instead of that cheap/sharp-edged junk we have ? :p

I must say I do prefer the FK2 dash in some regards - particularly the big analogue rev counter and fuel/temp dials, and most importantly the twelve, yes twelve actual LED shift lights instead of LCD rendered ones. The FK8 dash is still nice though, it makes more sense for a start!

Haha, yes I was thinking it's time to bring this to a close and move forums - I'll revisit this thread in a couple of years to update when I go for an FK8 :smt023

Haha, yes I was thinking it's time to bring this to a close and move forums - I'll revisit this thread in a couple of years to update when I go for an FK8 :smt023

A couple of years could possibly be turning into 'a year...'

My hankerometer is starting to ping again, it is a dangerous time for the rebellion.

Yes I have noticed an awful lot more for sale now that a lot of finance options have come to an end. It's hard trying to value mine as there is only one other Black Edition for sale at the moment and it's up with a Honda dealer for £24,995 with 16k on the clock. I think they are chancing their arm a bit! Mine is just coming up to 17k so still pretty low miles and I've just put some new front tyres on which automatically made me think about a new car - my mind seems to sabotage myself sometimes!

Back