• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I have ordered some new reg plates as the I don't like the rear one as it is oversized and 'fatter' than standard. Plus I don't like the blue euro badges.

yeah I did wonder if it was a trick of the camera with the rear plate, it did look massive in your pics. the K&N does increase "very slightly" the sound of the standard BOV in the cabin, but you need to be sat in the passenger seat and have the radio off to fully appreciate it. plus you can't really appreciate the whoosh/hiss while stationary as the car won't rev pass 2500rpm (IIRC) until it's on the move (apparently it's a kinda launch-control hack someone once told me)

Yes the K&N does make more sound compared to stock but not anything like what the PRL does (and I assume others like Takeda, Eventuri, Injen, etc). If you DM me your address, I'll send you my K&N which I had for about 3,000 miles before replacing with the PRL - my good deed for the day :D/

That's awesome mate, thank you very much! You sure you don't want anything for it? At least let me get the postage? I'll DM you :smt038

Thank you garysan, didn't even let me pick up postage, what a gent :smt038. I have had a look at a couple of YouTube videos of before and after the K&N filter has been added, it does seem to make the 'tshhhhh' a bit louder, so that will do me. I'm actually quite happy with the exhaust sound, I'm probably the only person that is! I've had silly noisy stuff when I was younger so I quite like the more muted sporty noise of the the FK Type R's.

I had a rotary [RX8] with an aftermarket exhaust & decat pipe :p

Great for a thrash (flames too) but annoying wasn't the word on a motorway cruise :lol:

Sounds good, although annoying when you're not in the mood. You can pick them up so cheap now. I'll see your RX-8 and raise you a very lightly modified RX-7! 370Bhp. Complete pain in the arse.

892412.jpg

892410.jpg

892413.jpg

No, I know the engine was rebuilt by Steve Rivett, Clio cup champion and now BTCC driver Paul Rivett's father. There were photos of Paul driving my RX-7 on a track day on his driver coaching website. I actually straight swapped it for an Impreza P1.

No, I know the engine was rebuilt by Steve Rivett, Clio cup champion and now BTCC driver Paul Rivett's father. There were photos of Paul driving my RX-7 on a track day on his driver coaching website. I actually straight swapped it for an Impreza P1.

Definitely sensing a theme with your cars..! P1 must have been awesome? Well, looks awesome

Thank you garysan, didn't even let me pick up postage, what a gent :smt038. I have had a look at a couple of YouTube videos of before and after the K&N filter has been added, it does seem to make the 'tshhhhh' a bit louder, so that will do me. I'm actually quite happy with the exhaust sound, I'm probably the only person that is! I've had silly noisy stuff when I was younger so I quite like the more muted sporty noise of the the FK Type R's.

In addition to the k&n I might be inclined (I did) to get the prl intake pipe. Takes 5 mins to swap over. Available from torque Gt

I didn’t really notice much difference on the bum dyno in comparison to the eventuri I had.

da62064d7e212f6e015cfa7ee7e7ee02.jpg

https://youtu.be/CaR2luCjEpo

Yeah I'll have a look into that, might be worth it for a more undisturbed air feed. Got my new plates already, went for a subtle logo that looks kind of manufacturer standard without being too knobbish.

DSCPDC-0002-BURST20201107130530778.jpg

Was there no noticeable difference between Eventuri and PRL pipe + K&N Filter?

Other than the noise I couldn’t really tell to be honest. It’s also only £150 to get that prl and k&n. Bang for buck you can’t go wrong.

An intake hardly does nothing without a map. Apart from it sounding better. Then standard ECU tunes trims parameters to make a defined torque and power no matter what you bolt on.

Back