• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help please steering issue

Hi, I have 2005 ep3 I have had laser alignment done the suspension, ball joints and bushes etc have been checked out I have put 32psi all round in tyres but the steering is more heavy to the right than left but overall is stiff and heavy. I dont know why it's doing this but it does it temporary and then feels better other times. Any idea if this is a faulty eps motor or will the rack need greasing or changing i've had car for 6 years it's been great until recently I'm not even sure if it completely self centres or not as i sometimes have to straighten it in reverse and normal turns. All advice would be great Haz.

Have you checked the track rod ends too?
Thanks for getting back and yes the car went in for m.o.t last week and had everything checked. I might take it back to honda hq for another check. Can the eps motor play up?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Update I checked the rack it seems fine there is no play anywhere in the rack or slider area. I will get track rod ends checked and for time being swapping front driver side tyre with rear tyre. Will take it back to the alignment again for them to check it. As it sometimes steers fine and other times becomes heavy I will most likely need to change the rack and slider by looks of it. 140 will cost to replace all is that about right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back