• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Is the Mugen edition FN2 worth the extra money ?

Hi everyone
I’m new to the Type R world so please bare with me.
Always wanted a Type R and always loved the K20 engine, so now the time has finally come to immerse myself into all things Honda and Vtec!
My dilemma is certainly one for people that know their stuff which is the reason I’m posting.
I’m torn between buying a cheaper FN2 with some nice Mugen mods for around 5 k or spending almost double to get a Mugen edition.
As far as I can tell your paying for the LSD, the fact that’s it’s a 2010 car, a nice set of wheels and the exclusivity of a 200 limited run.
Or am I missing something ?
Don’t get me wrong there are some lovely condition Mugen editions out there but is it really worth spending 10 K on an FN2?
I want the car to be good on track and off so still want it to be reliable for going away at the weekend and competent on track to do multiply laps without overheating or brake fade.
What I really want to know is how much difference does the LSD make to the car on track?
I know what it does to other cars but how does it effect the FN2 with the torsion beam rear suspension?
If I buy the FN2 I’m thinking of buying with the mods I will have an upgraded induction kit lightweight alloys, Mugen brakes, Mugen suspension, sports cat and the car is in lovely condition albeit it’s done 114K
If I buy the Mugen edition I’ll have to spend double to buy one and still not have any of the above mods but I will start with a car with the LSD which I think will transform the car when on the limit.
What I’m really trying to achieve is a car as Close as I can get to a real Mugen FN2 !
I know I won’t totally achieve because that Vtec is essentially a race engine but If I can get the rest of the car working as sweet I’ll be happy.
I’m going to keep the car long term so want to get this right.
If I could have your valuable feedback on this Issue guys and girls I would be very grateful.
Looking forward to getting up to speed and buying my first Type R !

Thanks ;)
Dean

I’m not an FN2 guru but if you’re looking for smiles per mile I’d buy the cheaper FN2 and throw a TDI north turbo kit on it, be around 12-14k all in but it’d be a weapon on track and on the B Roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or buy a Cw fn2 which is also limited edition, same spec as the Mugen 200 just different splitters and alloys.

I'd say go for the Cw edition as it will be cheaper leaving you money to mod.

The Mugen 200 is just an fn2 with a diff (same as the Cw edition) it's the Mugen 20 that is totally different which would set you back 30-40k.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with dweezle.
Find an FN2 built after April 2010 and it will have an LSD as standard but won't be white unless you get the CW version.
The M200 has bespoke body parts which I believe are discontinued so any damage would be difficult to repair well.

Back