• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loose gear linkage EP3? I may have found a cheap fix ?

Hi, getting on with the shell swap and now on to the gear linkage which has Tegiwa bushes on both ends (gearbox & lever), whilst removing the said bushing in the car, I notice that the polythene ball and socket are slack and worn (120K) , the only fix is to buy a new one from Honda a new OEM one, But the socket the ball sits in has a black surround on top, in my EP3 it moves around and allows more movement of the polythene ball/gear lever. After noticing this I pushed it fully down with a screwdriver and immediately notice there seemed to be less movement/slack on the lever. So I drilled a tiny pilot hole through the black surround into the lower socket and screwed a small self-tapping screw in, to secure it down. So the black surround no longer has movement. I think it worked and has reduced the slack. See below:-

picture 1 the socket and black surround

picture 2 Drilling the surround

picture 3 the screw in place

So it's an easy "fix" so please go and try it and tell me if you think it reduces the movement/slack

Excuse the swarf in picture 3, I did remove it :lol:

Back