• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TDi North

Hi, is anyone using the TDi north 3 inch exhaust on there ep3 at the moment and if so how does it sound? been thinking of getting one of these for a while

Thanks j

I have one, fairly loud and droney but the bung makes it a lot better. I think I've blown some of the wadding out with my supercharger though.

Last track day it was 94 without the bung and 88 or 89 with it from memory. That's with a dc sports manifold.

It makes good power too, so I can't knock it. I picked mine up fairly cheap second hand and fitted it with poly hangers to stop it from knocking the rear axle and ARB as it sits pretty low.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info I will be ordering one soon, I run a toyo sport system at the moment so that’s 2.25inch so should free up a few gases going to the 3inch:smt023:smt023

Thanks for the info I will be ordering one soon, I run a toyo sport system at the moment so that’s 2.25inch so should free up a few gases going to the 3inch:smt023:smt023
Are you planning to get it mapped at some point to suit the mods? Or adjusted if it has been already?

Hi mate yes will be getting it adjusted when they fit it as already have a k100 think it’s important to make sure you are getting the best out of it!

Ah okay, I gained about 15bhp peak when I went from 2.5 centre pipe and standard silencer to their 3 inch system.

I can't find the dyno charts now, but it was a gain throughout the rev range from memory. Whether it's worth the £500 ish fitted and mapped, that's down to you!

Hi do you by any chance have a sound clip as the one on you tube from TDi north isn’t the best!

Thanks j

It was mapped by Jesse at j cal. It's just using the nitrous input to the ecu to retard the timing on over run. I've got a little switch in the glove box as I only used it to annoy some friends.

That's without the bung, that reduces the drone and volume a fair bit. With the charger the bung only lost about 5hp right at the top of the rev range, so NA it won't make any difference I wouldn't have thought.

Back