• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 rear wheel arch protectors

so anyone who owns an fk2 will know the front of the rear arch protectors take some abuse from road rash, which is probably more noticeable on my cw, im stuck between taking them off in the summer and respraying them or buying new ones which come pre-painted, the problem i have is the same either way, what could i use to coat them to make them less vulnerable to stone chips etc in the future
ive thought about getting them ceramic coated but im not sure how durable that would make them
has anyone else got any ideas?

PPF mate . Paint protection film will be your best bet.
I dont know how a ceramic coating is supposed to stop chips?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ceramic certainly hasn't stopped chips on mine, I noticed too many last Friday, bonnet, roof, doors and those rear arches.
I'm tempted in the future to try that new healing wrap and go for an all over makeover,
The firm isn't that far from me but the whole procedure is so clinical, the car has to detailed to a high standard and the wrap is then applied in a dust free environment by fully suited up techs, I'm guessing it's scarily expensive

Our 2015 fk2 has a complete body ppf.
There is not a mark onit.
Bonus as found out when buying it.
c9ac9e1bde9f40965835f2cb611d55ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ive got a few detailers close to me so ill price the ppf for the arches. As well as a machine polish. The rest of the body is sweet so I'm not intending a full ppf job.. Just the arches

fwiw i paid around £650 for the leading edge of rear arches, bumper, wings and bonnet. using 3m venturesheild.
i think rear arches were around £75 on their own and i used that as the test before going full front end.

the xpel stuff seemed to be more than the 3m and after 3.5-4years it's still as good as the day it was fitted.

I take it if I just got my rear arches done there wont be a noticeable difference from.the rest of the quarter panel? Also can polish be applied on top of it when I'm polishing the rest of the car

rYTiqwe.jpg

you have to be looking for it to notice.
the 3m stuff is no different that bodywork really. careful with pressure washers (don't point-blank the nozzle else it could lift the edges). mine gets claybar'd, polished & sealed along with the rest of the paintwork.

looking through my old imgur albums, i cant tell on half of 'em if it was before or after. feel free to take a look: https://imgur.com/a/61MOO. album does have a lot of other car stuff in there too.

Ye I see the edges..mmm I'm wondering if dirt along the edges will show up more on my cw and outline the film. I never pressure wash mine. Always by hand. Def looks like the protection I need. I'm a bit ocd cleaning my car. And it's irritating me with the rash on the rear arch faces every time I wash it as the rest of the car comes up lovely. This will be a must do when the weather gets better

white shows the dirt anyway. I don't notice any dirt lines on BSB, but the car is that covered in crap atm it doesn't matter. hopefully change that this afternoon - it's weird it's not cold or wet so taking advantage of the break in weather!

Back