• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 Pop up hood sensors

Hi,

Is there anywhere that sell these other than Honda?

I need to replace 2 on my car and trying to find them cheaper than ~£300 each.

Or even if anyone knows of a breaker who has them. Had a look in the usual places but nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just goes to show how these fk's have affected Honda's reputation we instantly assumed a fault :lol:

I heard that Mini had problems with these popping over severe pot holes and were replaced under warranty. So it might be worth a try!

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

not sure as it might be the case the OP has bought an accident damaged car and is repairing it? or maybe this bit of prang with a flying object is something they don't want to go through insurance and bump up the premium?

right I am sorry for being thick here, but where are these sensors? What hit them Teg mate, and presumably there was other damage to your pride and joy?

These sensors sit right behind the crash bar (3 of them). The bonnet pinged up but I have that pushed back down and now need 2 of these sensors to get rid of the dreaded light. Tried to recalibrate the sensors and my dash is lit up like a Christmas tree!

I’m in the same boat. Some **** hit mine whilst it was parked up.
Fortunately I think I just need a sensor.

If your bonnet “pinged” up then the pyros have gone off by the sounds of it and your bonnet hinges and pyros need replacing too?

The above rings a bell, I can't remember if it was an fk2 or an fk8 owner but it needed the lot replacing

The above rings a bell, I can't remember if it was an fk2 or an fk8 owner but it needed the lot replacing
Nissan GTR was the story I'm sure. Only thing on them it costs £12k to replace them.

Back