• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 2008 Oil usage concerns 83k

I have read various posts but i'm after some reassurance after a low oil warning at weekend.

Had the car about 6 weeks & done 900 miles... enjoying the VTech few times a week. Low oil warning coming off motorway which surprised me... was just above min & looking a bit brown.

Topped up now but the previous owner was using crappy Tesco 5w40. I bought some Fuchs Titan Pro & booked oil change with MoT on Friday.

Its just bothering me because my old EP3 hardly used oil... is it just luck of the draw on these engines?

Hoping the better oil & Honda filter will at least limit the oil burning.

You will be surprised to know that Honda say that using upto 1litre of oil per 1000miles is normal.
So in reality you could be toping up with 12litres of oil per year! CRAZY..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You will be surprised to know that Honda say that using upto 1litre of oil per 1000miles is normal.
So in reality you could be toping up with 12litres of oil per year! CRAZY..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yes thats pretty crazy... guess I got lucky with the EP3 which hardly used any.

Our 2 litre tfsi audi used a litre every 1k miles pretty much on the button. I'd just reset the trip and bang a litre in most times without even dipping it. Ran perfectly and they had a known issue of piston rings causing the oil to burn.

I still did an oil change annually, even though in the 6k a year we did, it had 11 litres of oil including the service.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Back