• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fn2 sportex

hi I have been given a sportex race tube as a belated birthday gift from my son as the middle section of exhaust is knackered and I have a couple of questions regarding the fitting..firstly the tube is 2.5" in diameter and looks huge does anyone know if it fits the standard cat and back box?both of these are in good condition and dont need to be changed..secondly after having a quick look underneath I noticed the studs that are part of the cat that the tube will connect to look pretty nasty are they part of the cat and if I should break one will it need to be drilled out or are they nuts and bolts. Im hoping they look worse than they are and a good wire brush and plenty of wd40 will help.any tips will be appreciated.

Hi,

They are a stud & nut arrangement on the B-pipe to cat join. I am currently battling to remove mine, i recommend a 6 sided 13mm socket and a set of bolt extractors on hand as 2/3 of mine rounded. Drive the sockets on with a hammer to ensure the best chance of a clean nut removal.

The studs can be removed but i guess the cat would need to come off (its a vice job, i wouldnt like to smack them out in situ for fear of damaging the exhaust with all the movement), so essentially you need to be careful if cutting the nuts off not to damage the stud (im doing that on one of mine)

Before you start the job get some replacement nuts, they are M10 x 1.25 (fine pitch). The studs (if need replacing) are M10x35mm. Honda want around £30 for replacement studs & nuts, i got the same spec for £7 (bolts not studs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back