• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

I had one Premium Plus in yellow with aero kit. Discarded it after 5 months. Steering was robotic, build quality was horrible, the whole car creaked, rattled and groaned. After 3 months all 4 brake discs warped and once they were fixed the drive shaft seal disintegrated and destroyed that shaft. All on a brand new car.

I found it soulless with a dull engine note and OTT pops and bangs that sounded so fake (and I LOVE POPS AND BANGS USUALLY). Its also nearly 180 kilos heavier than the Type R.

I then bought an FK8.... The car is in a different league the shitty Mercedes doesn't even deserve to breath in the FK8's exhaust fumes.

Wow that is poor and people moan about brake squeal on an FK8!

I have heard a number of moans about that car included launched gearboxes and them being weak.

I had one Premium Plus in yellow with aero kit. Discarded it after 5 months. Steering was robotic, build quality was horrible, the whole car creaked, rattled and groaned. After 3 months all 4 brake discs warped and once they were fixed the drive shaft seal disintegrated and destroyed that shaft. All on a brand new car.

I found it soulless with a dull engine note and OTT pops and bangs that sounded so fake (and I LOVE POPS AND BANGS USUALLY). Its also nearly 180 kilos heavier than the Type R.

I then bought an FK8.... The car is in a different league the shitty Mercedes doesn't even deserve to breath in the FK8's exhaust fumes.

I won’t touch BMW or Mercedes with a barge pole. Totally incompetent and arrogant when it comes to repairs. Couldn’t even fix the crankshaft issue on my wife’s 2017 smart car. 3.5 years and I’ve now booked it into an independent to sort. With this kind of incompetence how are they ever going to fix anything branded as AMG.

Interesting to hear about the reliability on the Merc I thought they were bulletproof.

Also does anyone know what the WLPT emissions figure is on the FK8 facelift? From what i can see it was 178g (but this may have been nedc figure) Pistonheads had it as 193g, if the latter is correct its likely to lump taxes onto a new one here

Back