• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

hmm, ring time suspicious by its absence to me....or maybe they are saving it for when they can produce UK cars to spark up some interest..!

7.43 was a ridiculous time, faster than an AMG A45s....Cant help but wonder if Honda made a rod for their own back, as the focus on the 'mods' (sticky rubber, aircon delete, roll cage etc) means under more scrutiny now

hmm, ring time suspicious by its absence to me....or maybe they are saving it for when they can produce UK cars to spark up some interest..!

7.43 was a ridiculous time, faster than an AMG A45s....Cant help but wonder if Honda made a rod for their own back, as the focus on the 'mods' (sticky rubber, aircon delete, roll cage etc) means under more scrutiny now

C19 has probably impacted what they wanted to do - probably a sub 7:40 in it.

I will have a gentleman's bet with you McR, no chance of sub 7:40..!:lol:

probably waiting for cooler autumnal temperatures before a max attack ring attempt. oh hang on this one has improved cooling doesn't it....so get out there now Honda it might be sweaty betty but what better a headline grabber than "FK8 smashes the Ring FWD record on a proper HOT lap". :lol:

Does anyone know when the Sport Line version will be available?
I like the idea of 19 inch wheels for potholes.

Does anyone know when the Sport Line version will be available?
I like the idea of 19 inch wheels for potholes.

COVID has hit the production of the fairies version, sorry I mean sportline, as well as the other type Rs unfortunately :lol:

They are Fk7 wheels though, so could you could always fit the proper one with those or get some aftermarket 19s or 18s

Welcome by the way

Yes I was thinking of that.
It seems some folk just fit bigger tyres.
I'm thinking Honda has probably done more than just fit FK7 wheels?
Isn't 18 inch a bit tricky to get right (the offset)?
As to the spoilers I'm not that keen on either, they go from one extreme to the other, and what about the Project Leader's response in Autocar -

Q. Is the Sport Line model’s handling affected by the smaller wing?

A. We are not talking about real racing cars where you have tonnes of downforce and drag - if you compare the top speed of both cars (standard and Sport Line) they are more or less on the same level. The rear wing is not really that big of an influence - the Type R’s high-speed stability comes from the base platform layout and suspension specification. The functionality has been maintained for both wing designs.

Yes I was thinking of that.
It seems some folk just fit bigger tyres.
I'm thinking Honda has probably done more than just fit FK7 wheels?
Isn't 18 inch a bit tricky to get right (the offset)?
As to the spoilers I'm not that keen on either, they go from one extreme to the other, and what about the Project Leader's response in Autocar -

Q. Is the Sport Line model’s handling affected by the smaller wing?

A. We are not talking about real racing cars where you have tonnes of downforce and drag - if you compare the top speed of both cars (standard and Sport Line) they are more or less on the same level. The rear wing is not really that big of an influence - the Type R’s high-speed stability comes from the base platform layout and suspension specification. The functionality has been maintained for both wing designs.

Yeah that ****ed a few off as every bit of aero was functional apparently.

They defo look like fk7 wheels painted charcoal and without the stripe. Must have had loads left in Swindon

Have a look on civicx forum, loads of info on after market wheels, more than here as not many have swapped them out.

The wing makes it for me, if you're not feeling it, best see a sportline in person when you can

Yeah that ****ed a few off as every bit of aero was functional apparently.

They defo look like fk7 wheels painted charcoal and without the stripe. Must have had loads left in Swindon

Have a look on civicx forum, loads of info on after market wheels, more than here as not many have swapped them out.

The wing makes it for me, if you're not feeling it, best see a sportline in person when you can

The 2020 Sportline might have slightly less 'down force' at the back without the big spoiler but you need to be in triple digits to get any so that's track / autobahn anyway... I have had this machine at around 150mph in Germany and compared to my E46M3 it was super stable. Not that the M3 was bad, just the CTR makes it... a non-event! Mind you the scenery is passing rather fast and I didn't pass traffic at that rate of progress due to fear of sudden lane changers.

I think about 130mph is a reasonable cruise and soon becomes 'normal' on quiet stretches :)

Does anyone know if the facelift is being snapped up in the UK? I was thinking of jumping ship to the Merc A45, but the price is absolutely horrendous over here, A35 is also very pricey and I dont know if I can justify it with slightly less bhp in comparison to the FK8. Anyhow I put out the feelers on a new FK8 and apparently Honda said they are flying out the door and they cant supply 1 car across the pond in the coming months, earliest would be probably feb/march next sure.

Surely they cant be that in demand and hard gotten? As an aside has anyone driven the A35 or an M240i (How did you find them to the FK8) and considered the ship jump?

Does anyone know if the facelift is being snapped up in the UK? I was thinking of jumping ship to the Merc A45, but the price is absolutely horrendous over here, A35 is also very pricey and I dont know if I can justify it with slightly less bhp in comparison to the FK8. Anyhow I put out the feelers on a new FK8 and apparently Honda said they are flying out the door and they cant supply 1 car across the pond in the coming months, earliest would be probably feb/march next sure.

Surely they cant be that in demand and hard gotten? As an aside has anyone driven the A35 or an M240i (How did you find them to the FK8) and considered the ship jump?

No one has got a facelift over here. They are all being shipped to the US and other places. COVID had an effect on production of course, so playing catch up. They are on the UK configurator now though, so can order them.

I actually have a test drive in a A35 in October through a mate who works at Merc. I am not thinking of jumping ship, just interested in how they drive as he has not stopped bleating on about them...

So at least its not just Honda UK being greedy, the yanks must be where the money is at for them these days.

Let us know what you think of the A35, there's one after popping up here locally in a dealers too, cost is about €17k euro more than an FK8 though!

Based on a recent article, they've sold ~2800 (FK8s) in the UK - Yet the numbers are beyond 30,000 now - They're selling them (literally!) faster than they can build them in the US, hence the horrendous markups being reported on the US Markets (Dealers charging up to 10K over list price in some cases; Most requiring ~5K of accesories or similar)

I think the US market is going to be paying for the development of the next CTR, so I'm not complaining!

So at least its not just Honda UK being greedy, the yanks must be where the money is at for them these days.

Let us know what you think of the A35, there's one after popping up here locally in a dealers too, cost is about €17k euro more than an FK8 though!

I had one Premium Plus in yellow with aero kit. Discarded it after 5 months. Steering was robotic, build quality was horrible, the whole car creaked, rattled and groaned. After 3 months all 4 brake discs warped and once they were fixed the drive shaft seal disintegrated and destroyed that shaft. All on a brand new car.

I found it soulless with a dull engine note and OTT pops and bangs that sounded so fake (and I LOVE POPS AND BANGS USUALLY). Its also nearly 180 kilos heavier than the Type R.

I then bought an FK8.... The car is in a different league the shitty Mercedes doesn't even deserve to breath in the FK8's exhaust fumes.

Back