• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

SHORTER brake pedal travel?! I wasn’t aware there was 15mm of play to shorten it by? Maybe it’s because they’ve barely worn in on mine but any other car now feels like your foot has to move quite a distance to get an initial bite

SHORTER brake pedal travel?! I wasn’t aware there was 15mm of play to shorten it by? Maybe it’s because they’ve barely worn in on mine but any other car now feels like your foot has to move quite a distance to get an initial bite

I agree. Of the few things i would change on the Type R, brake pedal travel never even crossed my mind!!

Incidentally i had mine service yesterday and one of the salesmen tried to suggest I should have gone for one of the limited editions. We were chatting, however and he couldn't actually come up with any reason why i would have changed. Least being that they are all £40k ish and you wouldn't have got any discount!! I'm just not a fan of the yellow. It needed to be something more like the liquid gold of the R26 Megane's for me.

yep, yellow does nothing for me either (but weirdly like it in the AMG 35 and 45). Plus the fact you would roast your nuts off in summer, and not be able to listen to anything while you were doing it except the fake piped in noise....

If anyone has got one, fair play, but its not a daily, and for me its not a hardcore track special either. GT for the win.

With major automakers stopping production because of the impact of COVID-19, those buyers will have to wait longer than in normal times. I don't think they have got from Honda any delivery date. Nobody knows when COVID-19 will go away from our lives.

yep, yellow does nothing for me either (but weirdly like it in the AMG 35 and 45). Plus the fact you would roast your nuts off in summer, and not be able to listen to anything while you were doing it except the fake piped in noise....

If anyone has got one, fair play, but its not a daily, and for me its not a hardcore track special either. GT for the win.

GT with the wheels has to be the winner for me, wonder if they will be available, probably at a grand a wheel?

GT with the wheels has to be the winner for me, wonder if they will be available, probably at a grand a wheel?

Sounds like a steal compared to the Mugen wheel! https://www.tegiwaimports.com/mugen-mdcf-20-black-alloy-wheel-honda-civic-type-r-fk8.html

They look better than the Mugen too!

Agree though. A GT with a decent set of forged wheels, keep the entertainment system and save about £4K.

Surely there’s easier ways to shave the other 37kgs after changing the wheels. Set of lightweight buckets or something.

Honda needed to do a bit more to make the car special edition I think. Apart from the colour, nothing much else they’ve done really stands out.

With major automakers stopping production because of the impact of COVID-19, those buyers will have to wait longer than in normal times. I don't think they have got from Honda any delivery date. Nobody knows when COVID-19 will go away from our lives.

I don't know if Honda will restart as they were closing down next year anyway. I have seen it speculated that many of the manufacturers halted production and haven't paid their suppliers to conserve their cash to try and save themselves. The car industry is going to be decimated by the time this is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Honda will restart as they were closing down next year anyway. I have seen it speculated that many of the manufacturers all production and haven't paid their suppliers to conserve their cash to try and save themselves. The car industry is going to be decimated by the time this is over.

Indeed. Only good thing in my selfish view (and sorry Greta) is it will slow the EV revolution...

nurgburgring closure also means they can't be out chasing the Megane Trophy time in the new track edition either, unless the did it already and waiting to reveal the footage.

nurgburgring closure also means they can't be out chasing the Megane Trophy time in the new track edition either, unless the did it already and waiting to reveal the footage.

They've defo done it already for me. That's why it took so long..."we can't beat that megane boss. we have to keep the aircon, give me an ecu power increase" "nope, ecu is bloody locked we ain't going to those pr1cks at Hondata we'd look silly, take out the aircon, it's never hot in Europe anyway"

They've defo done it already for me. That's why it took so long..."we can't beat that megane boss. we have to keep the aircon, give me an ecu power increase" "nope, ecu is bloody locked we ain't going to those pr1cks at Hondata we'd look silly, take out the aircon, it's never hot in Europe anyway"

:lol:

From Honda

[video=youtube;nxMs1-_CVs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxMs1-_CVs0&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Back