• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The FN2 Type R tailgate

Hi guys

My FN2 type R got into trouble that is the trunk has some water after the raining. I think the drain water tube is blocked.
Do you know is it easy to repair?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might find the rain has breached the spoiler bolt holes, you can remedy with rubber washers. I've done it myself, even think Loxy stuck some info or a how to on here too.

Can I just ask, do you NEED to replace the sealant stuff when swapping the spoiler? Fitting a Mugen-style one has been on the to-do list for ages now and I was just wondering whether you need to do the sealant thing or whether it was just the factory being overly-cautious when they put the car together.

The strips are on the spoiler, so really it depends on whether the new spoiler comes with foam sealant strips on it.

If you don't have any sealant on it, it will run into the boot lid.

Thanks, Loxy. I've seen YT videos of people replacing the sealant with regular DIY stuff and squirting it all around the base of the replacement spoiler. Looked a bit agricultural and bodge-job to me.

I will keep this in mind when/if I ever get around to it :)

Back