• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Skunk2 DIC's fitted, seems very noisy

Hi all,

Had my cam chain serviced (all new parts including tensioners), I had them fit a set of Skunk2 DIC's while they were doing the work. Its been remapped.

The engine has a RBC inlet, GruppeM, Dc5 manifold + cat and fujitsubo legalis r. The ECU has a KPRO fitted.

My problem is the engine sounds like a diesel transit van now. Its pretty annoying and loud. Should it bee this loud? I've recorded a video attached below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QHmzkh6XsE7FVSvt6

What you think?

Timed up properly and tuned?

Did you get an adjustable exhaust gear too. Intake cam can be adjusted by tuning, exhaust cam needs to be set though I'm speaking from experience with other Skunk2 cams. I bought but never fit the DICs so not 100% if they're OK without.

OEM chain and tensioner? Oil level right and not putting the light on for low pressure? Anything else done at the same time? Any misfires or EML?

As above could be clearances too. Did they do then cold? To Skunk2s settings?

Timed up properly and tuned?

Did you get an adjustable exhaust gear too. Intake cam can be adjusted by tuning, exhaust cam needs to be set though I'm speaking from experience with other Skunk2 cams. I bought but never fit the DICs so not 100% if they're OK without.

OEM chain and tensioner? Oil level right and not putting the light on for low pressure? Anything else done at the same time? Any misfires or EML?

As above could be clearances too. Did they do then cold? To Skunk2s settings?

No idea about the adjustable exhaust great. It's had all genuine Honda parts fitted for chain and tensioners. Oil should be right they did a full service including gearbox oil as well as engine oil. No misfires. Not sure what EML is?
No idea about doing then cold. Will ask

@loxy So you think it sounds wrong too?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldnt sound that bad although some cams can be noisy.

EML is Engine Management Light, have you plugged in a code reader? It may shed some light.

Valve clearances have to be done on a stone cold engine to get the tolerances right.

I have heard Skunk cams are harsh and usually need valve springs and retainers but that is on stage ones and upwards not sure if its the same for the drop in cams.

Shouldnt sound that bad although some cams can be noisy.

EML is Engine Management Light, have you plugged in a code reader? It may shed some light.

Valve clearances have to be done on a stone cold engine to get the tolerances right.

I have heard Skunk cams are harsh and usually need valve springs and retainers but that is on stage ones and upwards not sure if its the same for the drop in cams.
No EML had kmanager plugged in earlier

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ive got skunk2 dic cams in my ep3 and it does not sound like that at all. Maybe your valve clearances weren't done correctly? That's where I'd be checking first.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ive got skunk2 dic cams in my ep3 and it does not sound like that at all. Maybe your valve clearances weren't done correctly? That's where I'd be checking first.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

well i got to the bottom of it, my duty cycle on the injectors were about 92% so i changed them for a set of rdx, much quieter now

Back