• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rottboy's cars

Nice!! That thing can shift and I couldn't think of a more different car to the R! What else you got then?

Finally figured out how to post pics! The elephant in front of the Wife's '14 MB G550 and my summer driver, '12 Audi R8 V8
20200108_122850_zpsl20nun1j.jpg
[/IMG]

Took her for a brake and coolant flush with the local Bentley Dealer who gave a complimentary comprehensive check. Other than one minor road rashed wheel and door dings on both the passenger f & r doors (all rectified since), it's a remarkable find for me with 8k miles on the odo.
20200109_223521_zpsmjtjz8es.jpg
[/IMG]
image1_zpseki92i4l.jpeg
[/IMG]
1578037038756_image1_zpse8sniijp.jpeg
[/IMG]
Initially parked temporarily beside my trusty daily driver our '15 Honda Fit GK LX 6-speed.
20200108_1601502_zpsh50fv5dd.jpg
[/IMG]

Neighbor friend who lives in Europe 10 months of the year has allowed me to share his garage so the old lady got an indoor cover as her present. The incoming CTR will partner with the Fit once she arrives. My parking problems solved!!!
20200225_121112_zpsp67cofml.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping me occupied

With the Bentley being a decade old, it needed an update which I have gotten so used to in our '15 GK Fit - the ability to stream music from my cellphone. Despite having satellite radio, audio quality of Google Play and Spotify are much better, specifically in the lower octaves. Did the research and installed last Thursday a Grom bluetooth to complement the OEM bluetooth (phone only). If you have an older vehicle with a decent OEM infotainment sound system (e.g. Nakamichi, B&O, Harmon Kardon, Bose, etc..... (Bentley has the British NAIM option) but has no bluetooth music, go to GromAudio.com for a possible solution.
In my case, CD changer removal is necessary. Special tool and 10 seconds was all it took. Connect the changer's female to the Grom's male connector. Pairing was instant. The result is great sound quality and endless selection listening to all my favorite playlists.
A bonus is having WAZE Navigation audio. The OEM system is slower and not undateable. Phonecalls steering and headunit continue to function. Music is paused and returns to it's last spot.
Their is a downside as my phones are Android. No titles (only for Iphones☹) shown although scrolling forward/back is done. Put a phone vent mount and problem solved. Keeps me within easy sight and reach for both Waze and song titles.
The drive has become more pleasurable!!!

CD removed
20200303_143721.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GROM connected
20200312_163050.jpg

Happily listening to Frank and the horns of Count Basie's orchestra!
20200313_092523.jpg

Also installed subtle OEM W12 side emblems
20200313_100120.jpg

20200313_101448.jpg

CTR is expected to be delivered by end of April. Already purchased goodies (e.g. indoor car cover, OEM storage net & boot organizer, plus anything else that comes to mind while still enforcing self-quarantine). Being bored at home creates excuses to shop massively online!!! LOL!!!

2020 CTR TIMELINE

April 12, 2020:
Was informed yesterday that my incoming FK8 is on route from Calgary to Vancouver. From the following report, ETA at our railport is slated for 4/21 or a few days earlier. Add 5 days to unload and truck to dealer, it's looking like the end of this month. It's getting close mates!!!
Had the dealer instruct his techs not to drill holes in the front bumper for the license plate.
edited-image.jpg

.......................................great if you can still get delivery...........................................
Am 99% sure of delivery as dealership continues to keep me abreast of my vehicle's (2nd allocation) movement, plus, ALL the vehicles in their 1st allocation, 4 C. White + 1 Black, just arrived on their lot and are scheduled for delivery this week. Only time will tell whether a massive resurgence of Covid , natural disaster, act of God, etc....... will delay things.
Stay tuned for end April updates.

Boost Blue FK8 finally arrived yesterday.
Unloading CTR from transporter. Other pics on the "General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat" thread.
Transporter_zps3njnqvqc.jpeg

Future pics after delivery will be posted here. My warm invite for forum members to enjoy this journey with me!!!

Yesterday while changing interior lights to LED, it was time to attach my undergraduate alma mater colors!!! Bobcat country!!!

20200502_150527_zpsaxpu8sbr.jpg

Sleeping peacefully with big sister!
20200501_162531_zpsshcjmugf.jpg

Took my new girl to our beach for some quick snapshots prior to dropping off for PPF and Ceramic coating. Every drive is a continuing joy. Loving the short shifter. So exact and positive.

Contrary to my initial impressions that Comfort setting would be my least used, have decided it best for break-in mileage. Figure that the desensitized throttle decreases the temptation to redline!!! LOL!!!

Manual rev-matching, heel toe are so easy!!! Brings me back to the youthful years!!!
20200505_104853_zpsfpb1uf1o.jpg

20200505_104943_zpsnl5wksus.jpg

20200505_104928_zpsqofgrky2.jpg

First coat of ceramic application from the rear hatch to the front doors. That shine is getting better!!!
Eagerly anticipating PPF application. With paint protected, time for serious miles to be logged and enjoyed!!!
20200508_1326552_zpscalsdoid.jpg

20200508_132715_zpsgt2lnh03.jpg

Old Lady Drive

With the FK8 at the wrap shop, decided to take the Bentley for a well deserved ride. Have been ignoring her lately with the CTR taking all the attention these past three weeks. Seeing the huge improvement in the Type R's color depthness as a result of ceramic application, will be saving to have the GK Fit done later this summer.
Gotta give the "old lady" some attention with this excellent weather. It feels that I'm in a different income level when driving!!! So comfortable and super quiet. The stereo upgrade done earlier to integrate bluetooth phone music is paying dividends tenfold!

20200510_112536_zpsweu30uje.jpg

20200510_112607_zpsisnvavfy.jpg

20200510_112723_zpszlg7w7qb.jpg

20200510_112256_zpsyx6yzb1f.jpg

PPF'd and Ceramic done

Picked up my CTR from the wrap/ceramic guys yesterday. Gotta say the paint looks deeply shiner. Very pleased with results.
The bonus is I got to be close to a Ferrari Pista up close!!!' What a beut!!!

20200513_161425_zpsuczfivxc.jpg

20200513_155117_zps8n65g1ss.jpg

20200513_155035_zpsjqratovv.jpg

Pista time! Those $20k carbon fiber wheels are 40% lighter than regular 488 alloys. Expensive!!!
20200513_155327_zpsivwcu6ea.jpg
[/IMG]
20200514_092615_zps2bj97zq8.jpg

20200514_092639_zpsbv9e1nfl.jpg
[/IMG]

Goodbye Audi. Farewell Bentley. Hello Italy!!!

Audi R8 relocated last 5/21 to son #4 in NYC.
Bentley just sold on 5/27.
With funds from Bentley sale, wanted to get my CTR a playmate that was just as light but different.
Closed a deal yesterday on a '17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe with less than 1,600 kms (1,065 miles). A purposeful go-kart which should make my drives more enjoyable. Can't afford a Pista and this new girl certainly looks "Italian" enough. Should arrive in 2 weeks.

Photobucket no longer has free hosting for pics. Gents, any suggestions???

If you're on mobile, TapaTalk has been good for hosting pics though the app.

Thanks Loxy but Tapatalk is making me open a new account on this forum. Can't figure out how to use my current. Decided to go with Imgur for now

Here are pics from seller:
Alfa Romeo 4C Purchased 5/30/20 https://imgur.com/gallery/h0Eiw2G
Alfa 4C Interior Seller's pic 5/28/20 https://imgur.com/a/BeOysHY

Going back to my LUCKY color: White!!! The low mileage and with 1 yr. Factory warranty remaining, made this deal possible with lessened concern for mechanical issues.

Should arrive by transport next week. In the meantime have put less than 300 miles on the FK8. The dogs and household chores have kept me busy.

Despite the limited seat time, I make it a point that each outing is a minimum of 30 miles and avoid traffic. Wanna heat up that engine oil and burn off any condensation. Such a sweet ride to drive fast in corners and so effortless. The shifter linkage is getting smoother as the miles pile up.

Back