• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Want to upgrade power reliably?

Looking to upgrade stock fn2 to either an rotrex supercharger from tdiplc or an tdi north turbo charge kit, as car was fast few years back now days have st, golf rs, vxr,s stock bone e92 m3 hard to keep up, lol.

Looking for 350bhp on stock engine without snapping rods etc..

Everyone says turbo but I am wary about the torque being aggressive and the Supercharger is less stressful on engine components.

Was looking at the rotrex sport kit but its non intercooled surely the intakes temps wont be that high hence why they wouldnt have released the kit but understand is rated for 280-300hp and intercooled rated at 330hp to 350hp.

N/A route is just too much work handy if your a mechanic can save tons of labour but end up same cost as above.

What you guys think? Leave it standard or get one of those kits and hope for the best?

What you think about the rotrex supercharger kit 300bhp without the intercooler? You reckon no good? As intake temps? As cheaper to do.

To be honest, the rotrex was fine. You have to keep on top of the fluid levels, but besides that it was pretty much spot on. The reason I got rid was I got bored of it after about a month. It acts like a normal motor, only a bit quicker.

Its down to this, if you want 300bhp and you don't care how its delivered, go for the Rotrex. If you want to put a smile on your face whilst doing it, go for a turbo. I was running 470bhp at only 310ftlb with my turbo, on a completely stock motor and it coped fine.

Also something to consider, if in the future you want to up the power, with a decent turbo, you just remap it, whereas a SC needs pulleys etc and mapping.

Back