• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Weird Knocking

2019 2200miles and she's started knocking. Couple times I just though maybe a drain cover or something as it was two or three knocks at slow pace pulling off. Then today no throttle hardly 5-10mph a series of knocks for 5 seconds which matched the engine speed/revs. They died down and there was a background noise of scratchy scrapey then gone...

Anyone else had this or know anything about it?

Yup stones in caliper. Wait until you hear what can only be likened to the sound of a transformer coming from one of your brakes. You'll **** yourself. Annoying design flaw.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
ah another one breaks their 'stone in between the disc and guard' virginity. I remember my first time, it was over quick, was truly disappointing and I wondered if I was doing it wrong....

Car was back in @ Honda (9am this morning) to have a stone removed that was stuck between the offside front brake disc & shield #-o

Had already managed to remove one stone myself but this one was particularly stubborn & required the Honda Tech to remove the wheel,Brembo caliper & disc :shock:

Had been squealing away whilst reversing & manoevering & was beginning to really pi$$ me off...mostly because it was wearing a groove into the rear face of the disc :!:

All done "Free Of Charge" while we had a coffee :smt023

Kept it as a souvenir...one edge is like a polished gemstone :lol:

Been there,done that :lol:

My car made all manner of disturbing knocking noises before the squealing noises ensued :shock:

Sometimes it'll just fall out. I usually just slam on the brakes on and they come out. But if you get a stick or something and push on the heat shield gently if theyre small stones they'll drop out.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The roads round my area are terrible for loose gravel broken down tarmac as well. Stupid council not providing for Honda's brake design...

Back