• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction

Hi all,

I was driving home and I felt a slight misfire and the engine light came on.
The following day the light went off. I plugged in an OBD diagnostic tool and it gave the following error code:
P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction….anyone had the same issue? Possible fix…..?

Hi all,

I was driving home and I felt a slight misfire and the engine light came on.
The following day the light went off. I plugged in an OBD diagnostic tool and it gave the following error code:
P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction….anyone had the same issue? Possible fix…..?

What mileage are you on as you my need spark plugs

The cars only done 11k with a FSH from Honda. Its only used as a weekend toy.....
I went to see the dealers and they did the diags and concluded the injector was faulty.
The car is 2 months out of warranty. I was quoted £3.5k for the repair....:smt120
However Honda head office agreed to do it for free as a good will gesture.:smt048
Ive just dropped it off...should get it back next week.
I think I may take out extended warranty.....need to find out the costs.

wiring loom replacement? was an issue on some early fk2's where one of the injector wires would pull out as they were slightly too short. glad to hear you got good will on that.

Cars back and running well. My local Honda dealership have now closed until May! But they manged to squeeze mine in.:D

Yes very lucky, all dealerships are now closed, my service is due but no bother.
I still can't believe that price to replace injectors, seems excessive to me but then again I'm not a mechanic

They sound like some expensive injectors!!
Guessing this is because they are DI so much more involved to manufacture considering they get subjected to everything that goes on in the cylinder.
Makes me wonder if these aftermarket port injection conversion kits will become more popular as time goes on.

Changing all 4 injectors......

£3500 for changing 4 injectors? That is beyond a joke, did they give you a price breakdown of parts / labour?

That is even more of a rip off than BMW's parts and labour lol. BMW Charge less for 6 DI Injectors from Italy, installed and coded!
For reference if you DIY the BMW injectors, they can be had for £700 a set, and a couple of hours of your time if your handy with a spanner. I can not understand how Honda have come up with £3500?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes very lucky, all dealerships are now closed, my service is due but no bother.
I still can't believe that price to replace injectors, seems excessive to me but then again I'm not a mechanic

Although only 1 injector was at fault they recommended doing all 4. She said the labour costs were high. Quote for 1 injector was £1500 and all 4 was £3500.
Like you i'm no mechanic so I have no idea how involved the task is....it may be Honda talking a load of B******S...!:joint:

Back