• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

Hi,

Just got my new FK8 on Friday after having the FK2 since 2017. Quick question the original floor mats are quite expensive but I noticed they had the holes in them to fix to floor. I do not seem to have the clips on the floor in the FK8 unlike the FK2. I assume that is the norm? Just find it strange.

Congratulations on the new car. I've had mine for around six weeks and love it. The mats should be held on by little clips that are attached to the carpet, I'm pretty sure I've seen these for sale , maybe Cox honda supplies. They kind of look like these "Car Mat Carpet Clips Fixing Grips Clamps Floor Holders Sleeves Premium Black" enter that in ebay.

Congratulations on the new car. I've had mine for around six weeks and love it. The mats should be held on by little clips that are attached to the carpet, I'm pretty sure I've seen these for sale , maybe Cox honda supplies. They kind of look like these "Car Mat Carpet Clips Fixing Grips Clamps Floor Holders Sleeves Premium Black" enter that in ebay.

So from this then, they are not in the car as standard but they are already in place in FK2 as stated.

Thanks

Mine came without the mats, I just bought the non type-R mats (that say "Civic" on them) for I think nearly half the price.

Mine has clips on the floor that go through holes in the OEM mats.

Yeah you should definitely have plastic turn clips on the floor to attach mats. I would have thought this to be the same on all FK8s.

Also with regards to Mats. If you go on ebay, I ordered a custom set which are exectly like OEM with type R logo on and in red, which I think looks better than the black ones

As far as I understood, the clips always used to come with the genuine Honda mats (as opposed to with the car)

Ask your local dealer if the clips are included with the mats.
Failing that I bet they might even have some spares that they'd let you have ???

Hi,

Just got my new FK8 on Friday after having the FK2 since 2017. Quick question the original floor mats are quite expensive but I noticed they had the holes in them to fix to floor. I do not seem to have the clips on the floor in the FK8 unlike the FK2. I assume that is the norm? Just find it strange.

Congrats, give us the details of your car? Brand new one? I thought all fk8s came with them so if it's second hand maybe previous owner removed them. Or if it is brand new, not choosing the matts means the clips don't get fitted maybe

Congrats, give us the details of your car? Brand new one? I thought all fk8s came with them so if it's second hand maybe previous owner removed them. Or if it is brand new, not choosing the matts means the clips don't get fitted maybe

Hi, it's a new 20 plate in red and already see differences vs Fk2. Looking forward to sharing tips and getting advice on here.

You have to cut the slots in the carpet yourself. It’s not a case of guessing though, there are marks in the carpet where they go.

logo carmats do nice ones for the fk8
mabey the lack of clips is another weight saving track inspired idea :lol:

Last bit of negotiation before buying any car - I presume it will come with the proper mats!

Apparently they cost around £150 for the Type R, but no Garage is going to lose a sale just for a set of mats.

Last bit of negotiation before buying any car - I presume it will come with the proper mats!

Apparently they cost around £150 for the Type R, but no Garage is going to lose a sale just for a set of mats.

Suppose it's down to how good the dealer is. When I picked up my fk2 there was no mats. After a quick word with the manager they produced a brand new set the next day. It's always annoyed me that a car with floor mat clips that isn't sold with them become part of the. Tax. Petrol and mat negotiations

i only got the coffee free when I got my car. I was one of the very early ones, he knew I was buying it, knew he had me by the nuts.

Congrats on the new purchase mate! I’m about a week ahead of you. 20 registered PFL in red. I think they look absolutely epic in red. I’d originally gone in for blue and they had red in the showroom. I was instantly sold on it.

I got the mats thrown in as part of the purchase too. Personally I’d absolutely flat refuse to buy a new car without genuine mats. I see them as a necessity. I know you could buy aftermarket but genuine mats are a nice touch when selling on in future. At least it always was with the DC5.

Enjoy the car. Always interested to hear from an FK2 owner what they think of the FK8. I went from an FN2 and the difference is huge.

Back