• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wiper arms on my EP3

Hi all,

I have a 2006 EP3 Type R and wanted to tidy up the wiper arms a little (front). Has anyone done this and is it a simple case of removing, preparing and painting as needed and then putting back?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a 2006 EP3 Type R and wanted to tidy up the wiper arms a little (front). Has anyone done this and is it a simple case of removing, preparing and painting as needed and then putting back?

Thanks.

That's what I'll be doing with mine mate. Remove, prep and paint matt black, and refit with new wiper blades.

Hi Craig. I did mine this weekend! They came out great! What miles has your car done out of interest?

Did mine as well and one was "welded" on with rust, took ages to get it off using a vice-grips and shocking it with a hammer.

So a tip: soak it in a penetrating oil the day before and a bit of copper grease (marine if you have it) on the threads on reassembly.

How do you get the arms off, mine are literally welded on?

Tried soaking in duck oil, pulling/twisting, and this method but they refuse to budge. Guess I'll leave them soaking overnight and hit them so more tomorrow?

Mine were really stuck on too. Don’t force too hard but a friend took mine off (he’s a mechanic). He put something on the bolts which helped free them up (abit like wd40). Try that and leave to soak for abit.

How do you get the arms off, mine are literally welded on?

Tried soaking in duck oil, pulling/twisting, and this method but they refuse to budge. Guess I'll leave them soaking overnight and hit them so more tomorrow?

Not done mine yet, but will give them a good soaking in plus gas before removal.

Back