• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust advice please spoon n1

Hi people I currently run an 02 ep3 with unsilenced b pipe and standard backbox.

I have bought a 2nd hand spoon n1 off eBay in very very good condition 225 inc delivery

I’m a tad nervous that this may have been a mistake due to the b pipe unsilenced and extreme noise levels that may come from this backbox.

Any tips on what I should do

Curious if a 2.5 silenced b pipe will make a difference or possibly oem b pipe just don’t want to put the restrictive pipe back in.

Always wanted more noise and a top quality backbox but not ear bleeding.

Help me lol

I had the Supersprint unsilenced centre section with an N1 and it was loud. And I mean really loud. Startup was bad but when you hit around 4000rpm the drone was nye on unbearable.
I swapped out for silences centre and it made it a lot more livable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Supersprint unsilenced centre section with an N1 and it was loud. And I mean really loud. Startup was bad but when you hit around 4000rpm the drone was nye on unbearable.
I swapped out for silences centre and it made it a lot more livable.

Cheers for the info did it really make a night and day difference the silenced b pipe

It wasn’t night and day as such. But it was easier to live with. It didn’t have the ear battering high note that Spoons are famous for.
Mine was matched with an AEM cold air so that does add a degree of noise, but the main part was the exhaust.

It wasn’t night and day as such. But it was easier to live with. It didn’t have the ear battering high note that Spoons are famous for.
Mine was matched with an AEM cold air so that does add a degree of noise, but the main part was the exhaust.

Cheers for the advise but can you describe how much easier was it to live with.

Did it drone,can you talk,hear music etc.

No worries.

It wasn’t so loud you couldn’t hear conversations or the radio, but you definitely had to speak louder than normal to be heard.
It would drone horrendously before the silenced section went in, but wasn’t anywhere near as bad once it was in. There was still a noticeable hum though at motorway speeds.
Longer journeys before and after silencing we’re a bit tedious.

No worries.

It wasn’t so loud you couldn’t hear conversations or the radio, but you definitely had to speak louder than normal to be heard.
It would drone horrendously before the silenced section went in, but wasn’t anywhere near as bad once it was in. There was still a noticeable hum though at motorway speeds.
Longer journeys before and after silencing we’re a bit tedious.

Thinking about ordering this to go with it.what you think

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-STAI...rentrq:d320ee531700acc7b43a549affe05091|iid:1

Looks to be decent bud. Good grade of stainless and all TIG welded. Should do the job.

Back