• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

30 day insurance

Just wondering if anybody has taken out cheap short term insurance?

I need to sell my wife's old polo as she has a new car. I wanted to take out a months insurance for test drives etc, except the cheapest quote is £90 for 30 days. A year insurance in the car was only £200 so I was hoping to take out insurance for £30 or so for a month.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Chris, do you remember who you used?

It looks like the cheapest way to do this is to take out a year policy and pay monthly then cancel when I sell it. Which I am hoping is a week or so. Looks like that would only cost around £60.

I just sold my old CR-V and bought a newer one.

I needed the older CR-V to be insured for test drives etc, and because it was going to be parked at work.
I asked my current insurer (Admiral) and they said they do an OVERLAP policy for a maximum of 30 days, meaning your old car and new car are both insured.

Cost me £17 for the month

Hope this helps :)

I just sold my old CR-V and bought a newer one.

I needed the older CR-V to be insured for test drives etc, and because it was going to be parked at work.
I asked my current insurer (Admiral) and they said they do an OVERLAP policy for a maximum of 30 days, meaning your old car and new car are both insured.

Cost me £17 for the month

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, I did think this might have been possible after I swapped the insurance to the new car, I would guess its too late now, I think it was 2 months ago I switched. I will be sure to do a little more research next time.

I ended up taking out 14 days insurance for around £90. Yep that's right 14 days insurance on a car that costs just under £400 per year (not £200 as my original post). I have done this before around 10 years ago and I don't remember having my pants pulled down quite as bad.

As a side note COVID 19 lock down kicked in not long after I insured the car so I insured it to sit in the garage for 14 days. Where it still sits now...….. sound of worlds smallest violin.

Back