• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Oil catch can

Seriously easy to do, don't sweat it

So I had a look under the bonnet yesterday thinking that it would be fairly straight forward to identify where things would need to go and I was struggling to see what was what. There’s not much room in the engine bay! As far as I can tell the location you have used for the can is about the only option. I presume you have done the PCV side? Any chance you can take some pictures showing what’s connected and where? This isn’t the kind of thing I’d want to get wrong!

The LHD FK8 seems to have a fairly different engine bay lay out to the RHD so buying a kit such as the Mishimoto one would be pretty pointless. The Mishimoto comes with a one way check valve which seems like a good idea but I’m struggling to find one I could buy separately to use in a DIY kit.

If you watch the Mishimoto installation video on YouTube it gives you great views of where the piping needs to go (better than any photos I could take with my phone ) it's what I used as a reference. It's PCV side, basically 1 tube to remove from the head to the intake.
In an ideal world The catch can would be fitted in the middle of this original pipe, because we can't do that due to space confinements that's why we need the longer piping. 2 tubes, 1 from crank case to catch can (inlet) then 1 to the intake (outlet)
You can also get one way valves 10mm on eBay but I never bothered doing that as I didn't see much point.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I now know why my oil catch can has been empty and the pcv pipes were bone dry, turns out my rocker cover gasket has gone! Covered under warranty which is good but due to the Honda systems being hacked they're unsure of part availability and times
Going to remove the can for the time being untill this has been sorted

Back