• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Cold Air Ducting

I've got a HKS RSK which I will be fitting in a few months once I turn 25 and renew my insurance to declare mods.

Prior to that I also want to sort a cold air feed (without removing fogs.) This will mean moving the horn and ducting in behind the grill, unless there are other alternatives?
Are there any how-to's for this, or could anyone advise on what parts I need? Not sure what ducting/clips/funnels I need, or how difficult it is to take all the stock res box etc out, if someone could advise on that please :D

I'd be curious to try the cold air feed up to stock airbox before I take the box off to fit the RSK. I've seen Loxy's how-to for the RSK, but can't find any guidance for a cold air duct etc.

Cheers :)

Bumper off job, did it a few years ago but it's easy enough. I've probably got the stuff required in my garage, I'll take a look later. You need around 1.5m of ducting, a bellmouth is also a good idea to fix at the end in place of the horn.

Attachments

• 20161106_134627_copy_2656x1494.jpg
    20161106_134627_copy_2656x1494.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20161106_135001_copy_2656x1494.jpg
    20161106_135001_copy_2656x1494.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
I've probably got the stuff required in my garage, I'll take a look later. You need around 1.5m of ducting, a bellmouth is also a good idea to fix at the end in place of the horn.

Hero, thanks. If you could, that would be great. If you don't need it, i'd consider taking it off your hands if you'd post!
I am initially thinking to duct it through bottom of stock air box feed... Is it massively obvious to see that its been done?
Did it make much difference from the standard rig?

Sorry mate, deleted some stuff. I definitely have some bellmouth bits, got some ducting but haven't measured it. I'll have a nosey in the morning.

Back