• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

Been out in the car today without the cushion. The side seats supports definatley irritate my back. Gutted, going to look at some kind of back support that lifts me just out of the way of the side supports a bit. When I was using my bed pillow it was tolerable. Fingers crossed I will find some kind of support or a seat from the type s. Is the seat a direct fitment..?

Somewhere like Motordrive in Leyland can make you a custom seat fitted exactly to your specification - might be an idea if you're struggling with the stock one.

These seats and the runners are all one piece/integrated with the OEM seats I believe so your choice would be to buy a seat rail for £120ish plus a recliner bucket that you feel fits you better from about £250 upwards (multiply both costs x 2 if you're looking to keep things matched or as Wilmo suggested a more cost effective solution may be the seats from another non type R 8th Gen. Might even get leather!!

If you were looking to enhance the car I'd have suggested the former option as lower seat rails would address one of the common complaints about the seating position being a bit high and you'd save a fair few KGs too but with back troubles a lower seat position probably isn't something you'd want to entertain.

If you do look at changing seats I'd obviously look after the standard ones as they'll need to go back in for resale or you could struggle to find a buyer.

This back issue from an old injury? If not, perhaps see a chiropractor? My other half used to regularly suffer with sciatica and 4 or 5 of those sessions sorted her out. Amazing really.

It's sounding less like you don't fit the seats and more about the pressure points in your back.

Whatever the case, back pain is miserable as hell so hope you get to a solution that still involves you enjoying ownership :smt023

Well I have found the cheapest option, my bed pillow with a black pillow case to blend in lol. Just keeps me out of the irritation zone an still comfortable to use while driving like a madman....I mean a responsable person. I want other bits an pieces before I start looking at changing the sests.

Last edited by a moderator:
My back is now getting used to the overally tight seats rubbing, diggin in to my sides. Ive realised if I drive 100-120mph every where I totally forget about it...sorted.
No seriously it is getting to the point where its managable
now. It does irritate every so often but more enjoyable a lately. Im so glad because I love the look off the seats and didnt want to change the interior dynamics as it looks nice and everything compliments each other...next will be a long journey when all the current situation is managable.

Back