• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Haha, yeah I must try harder too it seems! I’m estimating my wear rate is about the same as yours.

Mine is in for a service end of the month, will they give my brakes a check as part of the service? I will be curious to see how worn my brakes are currently, I suspect there will be lots of life left in them!

Have you rung the dealership to see if they are still operating and carrying out services ?

Have you rung the dealership to see if they are still operating and carrying out services ?

I have a confirmation that it is booked in and they haven’t cancelled my service, I know other dealerships have closed their service departments though. I will check nearer the time as it’s not till the end of April.

I have a confirmation that it is booked in and they haven’t cancelled my service, I know other dealerships have closed their service departments though. I will check nearer the time as it’s not till the end of April.

I’d be amazed if you can still get a service done.

Most dealerships, if not all have “locked down” U.K. wide.

Anybody know how much Honda are charging for the 2020 spec floating discs? Hoping they’ll be cheaper than the ~£800 aftermarket options.

I lost track of this thread. I had mine delivered to Kent where my car is, but I'm currently on lockdown in London, so haven't seen them yet!

Glad to see they're as pictured - should stand up to corrosion better than the OEM Honda parts. Bargain!

They look good, Great price too!

How many miles are you all getting out of discs and pads? My car has covered 11.5k so far, my mileage is low and I don’t drive the car hard that much so I’m wondering when I am likely to need new pads and or discs?
Impossible to answer here really!

Doing track days I've gone through a set of pads every 4000 miles, and of course two front discs at 8000 miles. If you do motorway mileage only and barely touch the brakes, the same items could last you 50,000 miles.

You can visually check the pad thickness pretty easily on these, thanks to those massive, gappy wheels.

So after 17 days my Europart order arrived.

1 Brembo disc, they are only sold in pairs so what a dimwit that packed, needless to say I returned it, before I did, I weighed the new disc at 11.4kg. I notice as per fan, that the inside of the disc is coated which will look after it in all weathers I suspect. Also the inner drilled hole is now dimpled as opposed to drilled again most likely an improvement.

I measured my discs as a comparison which were well within manufactures spec at 50mm, so I suspect they will last a long long time, how ever when closely inspecting them their was significant hot spots and uneven surface, minor cracking around the drilled holes. You can feel vibration through the pedal and under hard braking. The pads I put in at approx 5k mileage were Project Mu 800hc, think they are ok, but pads over 50% worn, lasted better than standards.

I am now waiting on EBC's floating disc and blue pads, will see what weight benefit and update you.

The vibrations will be caused by the PMU pads getting too hot and leaving deposits on the discs. I personally don't rate those pads at all, very similar to DS2500 which are also overrated.

The vibrations will be caused by the PMU pads getting too hot and leaving deposits on the discs. I personally don't rate those pads at all, very similar to DS2500 which are also overrated.

I remember reading you say something about Project Mu after I bought and fitted them, I'd agree with you on the overheating, the standard set up is fine for general use but hard braking it is lacking. I have gone for EBC blue and floating discs which I think will manage my road use, Eddie (Arcam) used these before he sold his car and rated the combination good on and off track.

Joined the club.

Delivered next day.

4ee2bc2b8d45bc87230b3801909247b4.jpg

f95693e25b50298c70c27d803877ecaa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never tried the Project Mu's but cannot agree more in respect of the DS2500's. For some reason people hold them in such high regard.

What's happened, people on forums/social media agreeing with me? Normally the die hard DS2500 fanboys would be out now telling me how wrong I am. Even the DS3000's are crap.

Back