• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

GT3

It's time to replace my front brake discs, it looks like they've got a little hot on track. A couple of shots from my recent service:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-24-at-20-15-34.png

Screen-Shot-2020-03-24-at-20-15-01.png

Thought I'd draw your attention to what appears to be an absolute bargain at Euro Car Parts right now. 2x Brembo front discs like these, currently £133.69 for the pair (using their 'SALE60' code and cashback from Quidco):

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/brembo-brake-disc-10460193A

fk8-discs-600.jpg

For a pair of high carbon 350mm brake discs, that is ridiculously cheap. Not OEM Honda parts, but I used Brembo on track on my FN2 Civic and they were fine. My OEM discs lasted 5 track days so I'm interested to see how these compare.

Nice one GT3, id say the brembos have to be an upgrade surely as well. As i am too lazy to look, how does this cost compare with OEM replacements?

ha, i did think that actually as soon as I said it...makes sense of course with the with calipers being Brembo

Still cheaper than from Honda...!!!

Honda's pads are about 20 quid from ECP, same part,
If you go on Brembos site you can cross reference Honda's part numbers, You then realise you are being robbed left right and centre

These Brembo discs are painted black in the centre and around the edges.

OEM discs are painted silver in the centre and unpainted around the edges (hence the corrosion), so must be slightly different.

If course, the calipers and pads have Brembo written on them.

These Brembo discs are painted black in the centre and around the edges.

OEM discs are painted silver in the centre and unpainted around the edges (hence the corrosion), so must be slightly different.

It might be a generic image and the actually product might not have the black bits? If they do they are more appealing, I painted mine with black hammerite as I didn't like the corroded look!

My FK8 was due to go this month, but with everything happening and my salary massively reduced with no end date in sight, I didn't want to commit to an expensive toy. So written the deposit off on the new car although dealer thinks will sell it on easily so likely to get it back.

I bought a set, think it was £137 for the pair, mine discs are knackered after 10.5k, this will be the third set of pads too. I haven't received them yet but due a DHL delivery tomorrow which I assume is them.

At that price it was worth the risk, I don't rate the standard discs and really fancied something better but again at that price they will keep going another 10k.

Whipped the wheels off today and stripped the pads out, calliper off and currently having huge issues getting the brake disc retaining screw out, I'm not that mechanically minded and limited tools so may have to get some assistance. Any ideas?

An old school impact driver that you hit with a hammer is usually the best bet.

Failing that, most of them you can easily break by hitting the disc off anyway, the head will snap off and then you can undo the remains with some mole grips.

Hoping they come out easily for you!

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

My FK8 was due to go this month, but with everything happening and my salary massively reduced with no end date in sight, I didn't want to commit to an expensive toy. So written the deposit off on the new car although dealer thinks will sell it on easily so likely to get it back.

I bought a set, think it was £137 for the pair, mine discs are knackered after 10.5k, this will be the third set of pads too. I haven't received them yet but due a DHL delivery tomorrow which I assume is them.

At that price it was worth the risk, I don't rate the standard discs and really fancied something better but again at that price they will keep going another 10k.

Whipped the wheels off today and stripped the pads out, calliper off and currently having huge issues getting the brake disc retaining screw out, I'm not that mechanically minded and limited tools so may have to get some assistance. Any ideas?

'Welcome back' Matt! Remind me what you were getting? Tesla was it?

It might be a generic image and the actually product might not have the black bits? If they do they are more appealing, I painted mine with black hammerite as I didn't like the corroded look!

If you go on track the Hammerite doesn't fare too well.

If you go on track the Hammerite doesn't fare too well.

I’m unlikely to track my car so I should be ok.

Id be curious to know if these discs have the black bits on them and if they definitely fit, eurocarparts have been known to list the wrong parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back