• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

What's happened, people on forums/social media agreeing with me? Normally the die hard DS2500 fanboys would be out now telling me how wrong I am. Even the DS3000's are crap.
You're wrong Chris, the ferodo are top notch!

After every track day you get a free right foot massage while braking for a week or so.

I think it's just the entry level performance brake pad, so miles better than eicher etc. But pbs were miles better, then carbotech miles better than pbs.

Some pads are mega expensive but they tend to have 2-3x the longevity in my experience. So it equals out a bit over the life span.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

I fitted these today. They look higher quality than OEM in my opinion! Fit was perfect, any areas that'll corrode are painted in a dark grey colour, and visually they look like they have a higher carbon content.

civic-Wheel-Arch.jpg

I fitted these today. They look higher quality than OEM in my opinion! Fit was perfect, any areas that'll corrode are painted in a dark grey colour, and visually they look like they have a higher carbon content.

They look really good! Can we get rear disc’s with a matching finish?

Has anyone get a price on the 2020 discs yet? No doubt they will cost more than these.

Last edited by a moderator:

civic-Wheel-Arch.jpg

Aren't those rusty nipples v annoying.:(..looked at mine this morning and my OCD kicked in - I need to change them.

civic-Wheel-Arch.jpg

Where they a pain to fit?

Aren't those rusty nipples v annoying.:(..looked at mine this morning and my OCD kicked in - I need to change them.
Hmm. Mine are a little dirty, but not corroded.

Where they a pain to fit?
Not at all.

The most difficult part was undoing the brake caliper bolts. They have near enough the same torque specs as wheel nuts, so with very limited space in the wheel arches it's difficult to get enough leverage to undo them.

Yeah I couldn't see any rust on the nipple, and my own ones are ok so thought there may be more nipples! This is never a bad thing of course...

They look really good! Can we get rear disc’s with a matching finish?

Has anyone get a price on the 2020 discs yet? No doubt they will cost more than these.

Tegiwa had the 2020 discs for sale last week for £190 and then increased them to £200. Unfortunately the link is now dead so assume they have sold out - https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-2-piece-floating-front-brake-discs-civic-type-r-fk8.html

I think I managed to get a pair before the link went dead.

On speaking to Cox they suggested that a lot of dealers have been trying to get hold of them and there was a suggestion that Honda had mis priced them meaning they were in short demand as everyone tried to take advantage.

Tegiwa had the 2020 discs for sale last week for £190 and then increased them to £200. Unfortunately the link is now dead so assume they have sold out - https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-2-piece-floating-front-brake-discs-civic-type-r-fk8.html

I think I managed to get a pair before the link went dead.

On speaking to Cox they suggested that a lot of dealers have been trying to get hold of them and there was a suggestion that Honda had mis priced them meaning they were in short demand as everyone tried to take advantage.

Someome is getting fired!! Way too cheap

I’ve read that tegiwa ordered a load of them in preparation for the price cock up.

Expect a mark up soon.

Bit of an update I weighed the EBC floating discs today and they come in at 9.7kg each, so a healthy 1.7kg saving per corner over standard. 3.4kg of my target of 25kg weight saving. Next thing will be wheels and now started looking.

Anyone fitted the 2020 discs yet? I presume they fit with no issues/other parts needing to be altered.
Mine are a fair way off needing replacing but I’m looking at the options so I know what I plan to get.

They are a direct fit as far as I'm aware. Mine arrived the other day but the current ones on the car are good for a while yet.

I just wanted to get a pair at a decent price in readiness.

They are a direct fit as far as I'm aware. Mine arrived the other day but the current ones on the car are good for a while yet.

I just wanted to get a pair at a decent price in readiness.

They should go straight on from what I’ve heard. Where did you get them from and how much did you pay? I think I’m just going to order some while the price is good even though it will be ages before they actually need replacing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back