• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Yeah I've been having little doubts actually, as there is no image on the page....and there is no mention of cross drilled, only Ventilated....

We shall see!

Ok so they arrived today and all good I think

Its hard to capture in the photo, but they are not painted black, but they are painted a metallic grey and they also seem to have a plastic type coating on top, so should keep the rust away longer

Cant believe the weight though, jeeez…!

Overall, for that price very happy

pQpnFjH.jpg

MDjAIln.jpg

n6GuJCI.jpg

Impossible to get hold of them, been trying since 9am this morning. If I don't get a reply today cancelling them and will raise a charge back on my credit card.

looks like the main difference is the multitude of holes for different fitment options? (think of the weight saving :lol: )

Hondas probably are Brembos, but to keep cost down not as nice a finish

Get involved people! Put them in the loft or under the bed as the day will come...

If its anything like the tyres, honda wont fit them though

They look good, Great price too!

How many miles are you all getting out of discs and pads? My car has covered 11.5k so far, my mileage is low and I don’t drive the car hard that much so I’m wondering when I am likely to need new pads and or discs?

I am 26K in and still on the same pads and Discs up front, 70% wear

I had my back ones done at 24K

I never track mine, just a daily

Not bad in my book, I thought Id have spent a bit on brakes by now but clearly drive like a fairy...

My front pads are about 70% worn, and I've just changed my rears myself last week. Cars done approx 22k miles.
Found it kinda weird that, unlike previous cars my rears went before the fronts :-s

My front pads are about 70% worn, and I've just changed my rears myself last week. Cars done approx 22k miles.
Found it kinda weird that, unlike previous cars my rears went before the fronts :-s

You are obviously driving it as it was meant to be driven...:D With the traction control working overtime the wear rate on the rear pads is quite poor compared to the front pads.

They look good, Great price too!

How many miles are you all getting out of discs and pads? My car has covered 11.5k so far, my mileage is low and I don’t drive the car hard that much so I’m wondering when I am likely to need new pads and or discs?

My car has just gone past 10k and disks have had it, in that time used two sets of front pads and one set of rear, I drive pretty much with TC off all the time. I don't use on track but only use the car for enthusiastic road driving. I tend to get through consumables quicker than most, front tyres less than 4K might have been 3k.

I would expect your disks to do at least 20k which would be normal I'd say on a car like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
15k, still on original tyres let alone needing to change discs and pads....guess I must try harder. at this rate the honda will be out of lockdown on the winter wheels that Ruxspin kindly flogged me.

15k, still on original tyres let alone needing to change discs and pads....guess I must try harder.

Haha, yeah I must try harder too it seems! I’m estimating my wear rate is about the same as yours.

Mine is in for a service end of the month, will they give my brakes a check as part of the service? I will be curious to see how worn my brakes are currently, I suspect there will be lots of life left in them!

They almost always check them during a service as it's one of those things they can fit and charge you for :)
thing is though, I'm not certain if we can get a service done during the current lock down situation. (Mine is also due end of the month)
my local dealer ship looked closed earlier today as passed coming back from the supermarket :?
I Changed my oil a couple of months ago so I'm not fussed if I need to wait just to get a stamp in the book :D

yeah I wondered about this. If the 'service due now' comes on, that really is lock down until this is all over, zero sneaky drives...Wonder what milaeage tolerance you get until the message reads "what part of NOW didn't you understand"

Think I read somewhere there are 3 stages, amber spanner sign with an arrow pointing to a car symbol, then another (possibly unable to dismiss?) Then a red warning.

yeah I wondered about this. If the 'service due now' comes on, that really is lock down until this is all over, zero sneaky drives...Wonder what milaeage tolerance you get until the message reads "what part of NOW didn't you understand"

Mine was due in for something just as the “lock down” was announced as it became 2 years old in March, Rang my dealer and it was only going to be having a pollen filter as it had an oil change etc in November before I bought it. This has been logged. It was actually booked in but got a call the day before saying the dealership was going to be closing.

The oil service is showing as being due in 6k miles on the variable service computer.

It’s pretty depressing having this car in the garage and not being able to use it whilst it’s a sunny Easter bank holiday... though I have used it on a weekly basis to go to the shop.

Back