• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Well worth buying in my opinion, good price, hopefully save some weight and for road use would hope address my concerns about poor braking performance.

I doubt they will manage track work and I’m at a loss to why they haven’t used a grooved or dimpled disk though, almost guarantee on track they will warp after heavy use. In the 90’s when I was tracking my EK9 on solid disks, had constant issues, me and a chap who used to run his DC2 on slicks got a batch heat treated them but in the end gave up and had to get encourage a manufacturer to make up sets with grooves and dimples, had 0 issues after that.

I’ve ordered a set for when my originals need replacing. I can’t see why they won’t be better than the old drilled one piece discs on track. No holes for cracks to develop between and a floating disc should in theory be harder to warp as the rotor is free to expand independently from the bell. We’ll see, at £500+ less than the aftermarket options I think they are with a try!

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for those who posted in this thread about the availability of the new two piece 2020 rotors. Managed to pick up a set from Cox for £170 (no VAT) but even with the freight to Australia it works out close to half what we pay for OEM one piece rotors here.

Notice they've gone up to £235 ex VAT now so should have bought two sets.

Hey Mick, Welcome

How's the Fk8 being received down under? Is it selling well? UK buying public has some issues with the looks, but I am seeing more now

What's the tuning scene like down there?

Fairly similar, looks put quite a few off but hot hatches sell well here as a proportion of sales of lesser models in the same range. As of the end of last year I read they'd sold just over a thousand Type Rs but the cheaper i30N variant were tracking at twice that.

Getting reasonably priced factory parts is the killer. It's cheaper for me to do an order from the UK every 6-12 months than buy from my local dealer. Even for stuff like wiper blades!

Not much into the tuning scene but it seems fairly healthy.

Back