• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Mystery Bolt and OEM Sealant on Timing Chain Q?

So i was doing a valve adjustment and i thought the bolt, highlighted purple below, looked not fully in. My search of the internet shows hard to see pics (like the bolt in real life!) but it seems ok i think, can anyone confirm?

Next up is the red circle, there looks like black sealant as well as white. Is this OEM or is it likely the TC might have been changed?

Cheers

20200321_182352 by Gerard KK, on Flickr

So i was doing a valve adjustment and i thought the bolt, highlighted purple below, looked not fully in. My search of the internet shows hard to see pics (like the bolt in real life!) but it seems ok i think, can anyone confirm?

Next up is the red circle, there looks like black sealant as well as white. Is this OEM or is it likely the TC might have been changed?

Cheers

20200321_182352 by Gerard KK, on Flickr

It's a shoulder'd bolt so you can access it easily and is not buried and inaccessible ...

The white sealant is OEM and the black I guess is when then chain was changed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back