• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

audio trouble

ymc

After removing and re-installing the audio, the car requested a security code.
After checking with the dealer, they did not need the code.
How should we respond?
please tell me.

Attachments

• DSC_2525.JPG
    DSC_2525.JPG
    671 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_2526.JPG
    DSC_2526.JPG
    592.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200324_185841.jpg
    IMG_20200324_185841.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 12
A card with the code is normally included in your handbook folder along with the car manual etc.

Have you checked that?

Thank you for your reply.
There is no such card, and I am in trouble.
Is there any other means?

Thank you for your reply.
The site you told me did not support UK specifications.
Can you tell me where the radio code is given at the Honda Civic in the UK?

Yes I’m in the U.K. too but the principles should still apply in that it says if all else fails go to your main dealer or contact Honda (UK in our case). They should be able to do it for you if you get those details together such as the VIN etc.

Since we were in Japan, we contacted a British dealer, but they did not understand.
Would you please tell me a British dealer if you like?

Right I just had a look in my manual. Is yours an FK8?

The manual says:

“The audio system is disabled when disconnected from power. In certain conditions, the system may display a code entry screen. If this occurs you should reactivate the audio system.

1. Turn ignition switch to ON (2)
2. Turn on the audio system.
3. Press and hold the audio system power button for more than 2 seconds.

The audio system is reactivated when the audio control unit establishes a connection with the vehicle control unit. If the control unit fails to recognise the audio unit, you must go to a dealer”

Back